Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
493 Posts
I find if you hunt around Australia is pretty good now with gear on sale.
I'm actually really excited that I'll get to wear my Burton soft shell over the next 10 days here in the NT. Heading out bush remote with the camper trailer and it's getting down to 10 degrees C at night so I'll break out the long sleeves and maybe a beanie 😂

Just got a sticker pack from K2 this morning so plastered the beer esky with snowboard stickers so i can sit back, sink beers, catch a barramundi or 3 and pretend to be somewhere else. Was booked to be leaving fro Cardona NZ next Friday, now camping.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm actually really excited that I'll get to wear my Burton soft shell over the next 10 days here in the NT. Heading out bush remote with the camper trailer and it's getting down to 10 degrees C at night so I'll break out the long sleeves and maybe a beanie

Just got a sticker pack from K2 this morning so plastered the beer esky with snowboard stickers so i can sit back, sink beers, catch a barramundi or 3 and pretend to be somewhere else. Was booked to be leaving fro Cardona NZ next Friday, now camping.
I don't know what half of that means!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
I need to learn that language whatever NT thunder is doing sounds like fun. Stickers!

I think I want something insulated because I have a very lightly insulated 686 jacket I picked up used in a pinch last season. I already have a decent shell that I've worn before but isn't really my favorite.

If the venting is good then a bit of insulation is totally manageable even if it's above freezing!

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
It's a different Language...., Aussieyobbo.
It's okay bro, don't mind if I jump in here @smellysell

"I'm actually really excited that I'll get to wear my Burton soft shell over the next 10 days here in the Northern Territory. Heading out into the great outdoors remote with the RV and it's getting down to 50 degrees fahrenheit at night so I'll break out the long sleeves and maybe a woolen hat 😂

Just got a sticker pack from K2 this morning so stuck the cooler ice chest with snowboard stickers so i can sit back, drink beers, catch a common freshwater fish or 3 and pretend to be somewhere else. Was booked to be leaving for Cardona NZ next Friday, now camping."

·
493 Posts
It's okay bro, don't mind if I jump in here @smellysell

"I'm actually really excited that I'll get to wear my Burton soft shell over the next 10 days here in the Northern Territory. Heading out into the great outdoors remote with the RV and it's getting down to 50 degrees fahrenheit at night so I'll break out the long sleeves and maybe a woolen hat 😂

Just got a sticker pack from K2 this morning so stuck the cooler ice chest with snowboard stickers so i can sit back, drink beers, catch a common freshwater fish or 3 and pretend to be somewhere else. Was booked to be leaving for Cardona NZ next Friday, now camping."
Nice work, Can't wait to pull a beer out of the chilly bin bro (y)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Ended up getting a few things from the burton sale.

Picked up 2 sets of cartels. Missed out on a set of missions for 95 bucks because it hit midnight before I paid lol.
Also ordered the Swash Gore-Tex jacket in an M and L to figure out sizing.

Question for folks though... I have a 686 jacket that I picked up used in a pinch last season because I desperately needed something and I kinda like it. How would something like their thermagraph insulated jacket compare to the swash? The swash is gore-tex with a little bit of insulation. I have a simple shell or hoodie I can wear if it's warm out. Just trying to figure out the jacket side of the equation...

If we even have a season this year. GF is thinking of going back and canceling her ikon pass because it's unlikely we'll end up flying out west. Might just be smartest to get a jay/loon season pass and try to make it out there.

·
Registered
657 Posts
How's the fit on that? I might actually look into getting one of their gore-tex jackets through the HCW performer discount. I've been running a battery of random jackets but it'd be nice to get something solid for this year. Should a gore-tex jacket have insulation?

Looking at cyclic vs radial jacket.

How did you size it?
I filled out the form for the HCW discount, and never heard back. Probably better anyways as I don't need more stuff!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ended up getting a few things from the burton sale.

Picked up 2 sets of cartels. Missed out on a set of missions for 95 bucks because it hit midnight before I paid lol.
Also ordered the Swash Gore-Tex jacket in an M and L to figure out sizing.

Question for folks though... I have a 686 jacket that I picked up used in a pinch last season because I desperately needed something and I kinda like it. How would something like their thermagraph insulated jacket compare to the swash? The swash is gore-tex with a little bit of insulation. I have a simple shell or hoodie I can wear if it's warm out. Just trying to figure out the jacket side of the equation...

If we even have a season this year. GF is thinking of going back and canceling her ikon pass because it's unlikely we'll end up flying out west. Might just be smartest to get a jay/loon season pass and try to make it out there.
The Swash is just 60grm PrimaLoft® silver on the body and lined shell on arms. It's not super insulated. I've done 60/40grms in Hokkaido at <-15C and it's okay. A little thicker is better when it get's colder or wind chill steps in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
For any UK/Europeans, Sport Pursuit are selling Volcom snow gear for mad discounts.

Eg. the Guide 3L Gore Tex Shell (RRP 550) for 200. Many of their GTX gear is more than 50% off. I paid £400 for it in January or something.

Guide GTX pants 170 (RRP 395)
L Gore Tex Jacket 120 (RRP 275)
TDS GTX Jacket 240 (RRP 540)
BL Stretch GTX Jacket 150 (RRP 375)

SportPursuit is a flash sale website that you need to sign up to with your email (nothing else) in order to view items.

Most sizes seemed in stock last night when I first looked at it. But stuff goes quickly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For any UK/Europeans, Sport Pursuit are selling Volcom snow gear for mad discounts.

Eg. the Guide 3L Gore Tex Shell (RRP 550) for 200. Many of their GTX gear is more than 50% off. I paid £400 for it in January or something.

SportPursuit is a flash sale website that you need to sign up to with your email (nothing else) in order to view items.

Most sizes seemed in stock last night when I first looked at it. But stuff goes quickly.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of buying Volcom gear from this season, the quality is excellent bu itt is tailored for very tall slim figures. I ordered the Guide pants, Guide jacket, and a Resin jacket. The jackets are extremely narrow in the chest and shoulders and the pants were much longer than any other brand I've ever worn.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's strange because I have the Guide jacket in a large (my normal size is medium) and I still wish it were slightly longer. I find it more of a fit in between slim and baggy, but not either.

I also have had the L Gore Tex jacket which I thought was the same fit as the Guide.

In terms of pants I have had the Articulated pants, L Gore Tex pants and now wear the Stretch Gore Tex pants. The L Gore Tex I wore a medium (my normal size) and they were still baggy and not quite as long as I would like them to be at the bottom. The Articulated I had to size up one to large before they fit perfectly and the Stretch GTX (less baggy than the L Gore Tex) I also have sized up to large in order for the length to be right on me.

I'm 6'0 and 175-180lbs athletic build and reasonably tall but not that tall really. Volcom have a number of different types of fit (4-6 different types of fit for their trousers/snow pants for example) so it's best to just try them on to decide what's right, like most brands.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts