Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

341 - 360 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've just got by UPS the Cartel EST I've bought, still waiting for the One Hitter, should be there tomorrow.

But fuck...on Burton website, I've picked the Cartel in "red"...on pictures they look pale reddish orange...but in real, they are more of a pale red going toward a coral color...
I will wait to see what they look like on the board...should've took them black...FML

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have them in red. More of a red/pink kind of colour. Looks amazing on my 2020 Warpig (black with orange/red base) and Korua TF (white with red base). Wish I had a backup pair!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
I got my stuff in too. Still confused on jacket sizing though.

I'm 5'10 and weigh about 165-170 with a 40-41R jacket size and a 32ish waist. The medium fits okay but I feel like the length is awkward. It hits just below my hips and when I get in the snowboard stance, my legs stretch out the waist elastic as I bend my knees.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer that the jackets are only hip length? But then I sit on a lift and I always think it would be nice for the jacket to cover my ass haha.

The models for the burton jackets are all a similar weight as me but they're all like 6'1 to 6'3 and wear a large so the proportions look way more reasonable on them.

I realize this is dumb... but any advice lol. I guess I can actually layer and try them on instead of wearing just a T shirt underneath and post them here to see what folks think. It is the summer after and/or everything is closed. Y'all are bored too... I know it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got my stuff in too. Still confused on jacket sizing though.

I'm 5'10 and weigh about 165-170 with a 40-41R jacket size and a 32ish waist. The medium fits okay but I feel like the length is awkward. It hits just below my hips and when I get in the snowboard stance, my legs stretch out the waist elastic as I bend my knees.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer that the jackets are only hip length? But then I sit on a lift and I always think it would be nice for the jacket to cover my ass haha.

The models for the burton jackets are all a similar weight as me but they're all like 6'1 to 6'3 and wear a large so the proportions look way more reasonable on them.

I realize this is dumb... but any advice lol. I guess I can actually layer and try them on instead of wearing just a T shirt underneath and post them here to see what folks think. It is the summer after and/or everything is closed. Y'all are bored too... I know it.
We're the exact same build and no matter what, I always size up and go with the Large. Can never go wrong with extra material, but the other way around is kind of weird and may limit mobility.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
We're the exact same build and no matter what, I always size up and go with the Large. Can never go wrong with extra material, but the other way around is kind of weird and may limit mobility.
I just feel like too baggy ends up flapping around....

My 686 jacket is a medium so I guess if I went large with this it would allow for more layering anyway.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
With the limited numbers able to access the mountains this season in NSW and the basic closure of Vic resorts I can see a fair amount of outerwear and boards going on sale early. Noticed they are doing 20 to 30% off already in some stores.

·
884 Posts
With the limited numbers able to access the mountains this season in NSW and the basic closure of Vic resorts I can see a fair amount of outerwear and boards going on sale early. Noticed they are doing 20 to 30% off already in some stores.
Yeah there’s going to be heaps of stock to be cleared, still need to find confidence that I can get to a resort either here in Oz or Os in the next 12mths to justify buying anything more

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
These are my favourite freeride-capable all-mountain boards

My Favourites:
Jones Stratos
Jones Aviator
Endeavor BOD
Burton One Hitter
Rossignol One Mag

Honorable Mentions:
Jones MT/UMT
NS Ripsaw & West
Endeavor Maverick

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Looks really sweet! I've got the red Cartels on a black/white 2020 Warpig and I think it looks like an amazing combination. Think you should be happy with that setup!
Hey @karansaraf, how do you find the Warpig for stiffness and dampness? I was going to drop some dough on a Superpig (until the 'rona hit) which should be a harder charger than the Warpig.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't think it's particularly stiff - I would definitely say it's very middle of the road. I'm very much an intermediate rider (if you segment "intermediate" into an upper and lower 50% then I'd say I'm right around the middle, or possibly slightly lower) and I don't have too much problem doing presses and butters on the board. Dampness again I'd say it's middle of the road - I didn't notice chatter too much but I wouldn't say it was totally damp. I've only had 7 days riding on the board FYI.

My two boards at the moment are the Warpig and the Korua Tranny Finder, so I certainly think the Warpig is my more playful board and the TF is the stiffer/aggressive carving/pow board. I imagine if you got a Superpig it would be similar to a TF as that is also a very wide board, is 7/10 stiff and has a very similar profile to the Superpig with camber front foot to tail, and rocker in the nose.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I don't think it's particularly stiff - I would definitely say it's very middle of the road. I'm very much an intermediate rider (if you segment "intermediate" into an upper and lower 50% then I'd say I'm right around the middle, or possibly slightly lower) and I don't have too much problem doing presses and butters on the board. Dampness again I'd say it's middle of the road - I didn't notice chatter too much but I wouldn't say it was totally damp. I've only had 7 days riding on the board FYI.

My two boards at the moment are the Warpig and the Korua Tranny Finder, so I certainly think the Warpig is my more playful board and the TF is the stiffer/aggressive carving/pow board. I imagine if you got a Superpig it would be similar to a TF as that is also a very wide board, is 7/10 stiff and has a very similar profile to the Superpig with camber front foot to tail, and rocker in the nose.
Thanks for your thoughts! A decent mini-review :) It's interesting that Korua's site is showing the TF as 7/10 flex and Evo says it's a medium flex. I wonder how Evo came up with that?
Still got my heart set on the Superpig.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've only ever heard people describe the TF as a stiff or 7/10 kind of board in reviews, never medium flex, so I don't know why Evo would say that.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Superpig to be honest! Definitely a board I'll be looking to buy myself perhaps a few years down the line.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Finally got the One Hitter with just 6 days delay from UPS.
I wasn't sure with the "red" Cartel which looked more colored coral. But on the board it ain't too bad after all. The contrast of the black and grey of the board make the bindings less coral.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk
Sorry but the word coral just makes me think of this.

341 - 360 of 415 Posts