Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a new NS Pandora 2012 for $279 + free ship. Yes, 2012. Is that a good deal, or am I missing something?

THe graphics on the deck are hideous!! :dunno: How it ride, lilfoot?

Also, why is the warranty on the Pandora only 1 year? Other boards in the NS lineup each have 3 year warranties. Thanks

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
I found a new NS Pandora 2012 for $279 + free ship. Yes, 2012. Is that a good deal, or am I missing something?

THe graphics on the deck are hideous!! :dunno: How it ride, lilfoot?
Get a Rome if you don't like the graphics. Or stickers. Great deal BTW.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
The one on CL in Denver? If so, that board is from '09 definitely not this year.

If you're talking about another board and it truly is a 2012, then yeah it's a great deal. One of those too good to be true deals though.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes, it's a good deal if it's a 2012. I love the Pandora. It's the perfect board to take from park to pow and everything in between. It's pretty soft, but not a noodle, it floats well in powder, and it's dampening makes for a stable ride despite how soft it is. Love the vario grip edges. :D

The zebra part of the graphics would probably be covered up by the bindings, by the way....add a few fun stickers and it's no big deal.

Edit: Sorry, I meant it's a good deal if it's a 2012. Sheesh. It's been a long week. Carry on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 2012 with the whacked out zebra print. If you look closely there's even some purple cheetah spots closer to nose.

Looks like NS just stole the graphics off a Trapper Keeper: check out picture #10 @ http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/318566/ I'm not even kidding!!

Big stickers are definitely in order ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
They have a one-year warranty because they are park (rails, etc) boards. They get beat up more. The Pandora and Circuit are cheaper than other NS boards, but they're still very well made.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Pandora and Circuit are cheaper than other NS boards, but they're still very well made.
Agreed!! Got my girlfriend a Pandora for her first board last year. It's been forgiving enough for her to learn on but at the same time... more than enough board to take on more parts of the mountain (in CO) as she has progressed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have a one-year warranty because they are park (rails, etc) boards. They get beat up more. The Pandora and Circuit are cheaper than other NS boards, but they're still very well made.
So, am I understanding this correctly?

1. Evo is their men's freestyle twin with a sintered Durasurf 4501 base, EDS damping, STS pretensioned fiberglass, carbon VXR laminate tech, press flex core...it comes with a 3 year warranty.

2. Pandora is their women's freestyle twin with a sintered Durasurf 2501 base and rubber damping but apparently none of the extras the Evo has...it only comes with a 1 year warranty.

3. On the other hand, the men's SL and women's Infinity are quite comparable in specs (both 3 yr warranty).

Did NS decide that it's not worth putting out (i.e., lesser business market) a top-spec women's freestyle board? What other companies make a top-spec women's freestyle board?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts