Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the late snow we had last year and me being a little slow getting my bindings I did not have any jackets yet so I'm sure some good sales are going on but what are some legit sites? I think I remember some were not too impressed with the House board shop?

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Lots of places to look at:

Dogfunk.com
Whiskeymilitia.com
Evo.com
backcountry.com
the-house.com

etc, etc.

Just google the jacket you want and lots of options come up.
I'm impressed with the-house.com They sent me a new high back for my piece of shit NX2-AT Flow bindings after it broke and I couldn't get Flow to even respond. Different experiences for everybody I guess.

Jason

·
Registered
239 Posts
Evo.com has some pretty low prices right now. They just had an additional 20% off Memorial Day sale, I would think they might do the same for 4th of July if you can wait. I got a Bonfire Mt Hood 3L jacket for under $100.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, better to do this early then later :p

And West good to see that The House took care of you.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I love The House. 'course, they're 30 minutes from MY house.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
With the late snow we had last year and me being a little slow getting my bindings I did not have any jackets yet so I'm sure some good sales are going on but what are some legit sites? I think I remember some were not too impressed with the House board shop?
If you are interested, I have a couple of brand-new jackets that I am letting go - 1 Homeschool Dangermare in black (brand new with tags) and 1 Airblaster Big Mountain jacket in orange (unworn dealer sample, but no tags).
Picked those up on a trip when my luggage got lost/delayed, but then turned up in time for riding.

Will match/beat any prices you can find online for these. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Departmentofgoods

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Dogfunk.com :thumbsup: This time of year you can find previous season stuff dirt cheap...outerwear, boards, bindings. I usually do most of my shopping around spring for previous years stuff. Save some serious dough that way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've been finding some really great deals on GearTrade.

Sierra Trading Post is also a favorite. You can get amazing deals if you sign up for their DealFlyer emails or friend them on Facebook.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol almost time again and I still don't have my jacket yet :( let alone my base layers.. stuff that goes on sale is never in my size.. it's mostly L and XL..

·
Registered
122 Posts
check out oakleyvault.com they are having a 60% off sale and you can get a pretty nice jacket for cheap.

** I have their Great Ascent jacket and love it (and they have it in L or XL)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
How do those Oakley jackets fit? I'm an XL by their size chart, but since it's just a shell I'm wondering how well it'd layer...?

·
Registered
129 Posts
How do those Oakley jackets fit? I'm an XL by their size chart, but since it's just a shell I'm wondering how well it'd layer...?
i just copped a jacket and a shell from the vault. the motility jacket is long and narrow.....almost two tight around my upper thighs. looks dope though :D

the great ascent shell fits me perfect. it comes down just to the bottom of my butt and is just the right width at the bottom.

both jackets fit my chest and shoulders, and arms really well with the motility being a slight bit smaller....maybe due to the insulation. they are both medium and i'm 5'8" ~180lbs with a slender/muscular build.

hope this helps....keep in mind that if you buy from the oakley vault you can't return anything.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
hope this helps....keep in mind that if you buy from the oakley vault you can't return anything.
I've got an Oakley Vault store near me, and I have definitely returned items I bought on the Vault website to the Vault store near my house. However, I'm unsure if you can return them to the website itself (via mail) or to a non-Vault Oakley store.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts