Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently bought a 2011 rossignol angus amptek 2011 snowboard last year. I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet and it has not been waxed yet either. And I was wondering what are some really good rub on waxes. I dont want to get it hot waxed just yet becuase i dont have that much time to drop it off at a shop right now and dont want to wait at a ski resort before i get to head out on the slopes. so any input on some good rub on wax brands and how offten i should rub on wax it to keep the base nice and waxed.

·
The Rooster King
3,821 Posts
there are none because rub on wax sucks shit. if you want to use it then apply it every run or maybe stop in the middle of the run and reapply so yea maybe twice per run.

seriously rub on wax is shit

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I learned how to hot wax two days ago. Definitely regretting not doing this much sooner. Could've known my board much better and saved some money.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hello I recently bought a 2011 rossignol angus amptek 2011 snowboard last year. I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet and it has not been waxed yet either. And I was wondering what are some really good rub on waxes. I dont want to get it hot waxed just yet becuase i dont have that much time to drop it off at a shop right now and dont want to wait at a ski resort before i get to head out on the slopes. so any input on some good rub on wax brands and how offten i should rub on wax it to keep the base nice and waxed.

Waxing is a ritual. If you really want to skip it, and still glide on slush, try Zardoz-not-wax.
doesn't last long...but works fgreat on pow/slush

Zardoz NOTwax - Advanced Base Treatments

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is shockingly easy to learn how to wax your own board and do some tuning (edge sharpening, small base fixes). I paid a shop to wax my board a grand total of one time, and every wax job I've done myself has been better than the POS machine job. Buy the nice Dakine kit and a cake of whatever all-temp wax and you're good to go. The kit has a bar of wax in it, and it's good for the first time you do it and for summer waxing, but I like Bluebird or One Ball Jay 4WD better for real waxing.

I think Snowolf put a 3 part tutorial on Youtube about how to wax/tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts