Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a burton wax that comes in a lil jar with a pad..the guy at the store said its good for a quick appling so i can use it everytime i ride...is that a good wax??? sugguestions plz

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been using a burton wax that comes in a lil jar with a pad..the guy at the store said its good for a quick appling so i can use it everytime i ride...is that a good wax??? sugguestions plz
It is ok as a top off. You should still hot wax you board about 7 days of riding. Don't rely solely on the rub on stuff...

·
Registered
251 Posts
that paste isn't a real wax... so don't think that you use it so you never have to actually wax the board. as lonestar is saying, still hot wax the board... if you don't know what to do... just get someone to do it for you (though i swear by doing my own).

·
Registered
180 Posts
That Burton fluoropaste wax is absolute shit. I got a container for Christmas and tried it twice when I was in a hurry. It doesn't actually seem to do anything. Hot waxing is the only way to go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe im the only one but i thought OBJ soy wax is pretty good. ive only used two waxes so far but this is the best.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Most waxes are the same general stuff, the main difference comes in using warm, cold, or all temp wax.

I bought a few bricks of Hertel Super Hot Sauce online, its fairly cheap and works great. I know quite a few other people here on the forum use it too.

You can get a big 12oz bar for 20 bucks..or 24 1oz bars for 30...just as a reference i've probably waxed 30+ times in the last two seasons and i still have a little under half of a 12 oz bar left...its good stuff too, they have a bunch of interesting videos on how wax(and their wax) work in general as well...

http://www.hertelskiwax.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts