Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got my board tonight and was wondering which bindings i should go with, i've heard c02 are mostly for freestyle and others like cartels are all mountain, have any of you had experience with the ics system before or any of these est bindings?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Speaking of this, how does the flying V actually ride compared to other boards. It seems like a slight variation of the NS RC design. I'm curious as to wether or not it makes a difference in ride-ability.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Id go with Cartels on there. Co2's are pretty stiff. So if you're a heavy guy or are planning on doing strictly freeriding they'll probably work, but they're better paired up with a stiff board and a stiff boot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yessir!

i was thinking about the cartels but i heard that alot of EST bindings come loose for some reason so they said you have to carry a small screwdriver with ya. i mean i bet it doesn't happen to everyone but yea. plus the cartels are a bit cheaper too. so thats good i'm not experienced at boarding at all. 1 day on breck but i tore the shit up! i longboard and ski alot so combining those two and adding snow pretty much ends up with snowboarding kinda..ish. but i'm only 5'10 150-155 lbs. 10.5-11 shoe so i went with the wide, what could it hurt anyways. i wanted to get a bataleon jam but i'll just save for that next season.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Pure bullshit. EST shifting happens as often a foot comes out of a regular binding 1:1000. People hate Burton so opinions are a little bias. I broke my board going off a rock drop last year and my bindings shifted 1/2 cm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pure bullshit. EST shifting happens as often a foot comes out of a regular binding 1:1000. People hate Burton so opinions are a little bias. I broke my board going off a rock drop last year and my bindings shifted 1/2 cm
Mine shifted constantly last year. Twice a day i had to re adjust the damn things. More so if i stayed strictly park.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats why i said that i bet it doesnt happen to everyone, but i've had a bunch of friends in colorado with the est system had its happened to them a few times i was just wondering if it was going to be a problem. so its really not pure bullshit, you've just had better luck than others

1 - 9 of 9 Posts