Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i recently gotten my bike stolen, very good , pretty expensive cross country bike. Now when I just got my new snowboarding gear, I thought about having such a god tracker that I could stick to the board and have the possibility to look in the App, for example, where the board actually is. It happened to my friends that while they broke for lunch afterwards boards where not present anymore, you can imagine frustration!!!

So is there any device I could use for tracking? If so please shoot a name of it or the company or place the link to the item :)

Many thanks for your help !!
Happy shredding !
Dawid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lock your board(s). Get a small bike cable, run it through the binding heel cup and secure it to the rack. Cheaper and easier (and possibly more secure) than whatever tracking you have in mind.

Looks like exactly what you want is currently only an indiegogo project

Skiers have it harder. No heelcup to pass a lock cable through.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lock your board(s). Get a small bike cable, run it through the binding heel cup and secure it to the rack. Cheaper and easier (and possibly more secure) than whatever tracking you have in mind.

Looks like exactly what you want is currently only an indiegogo project

Skiers have it harder. No heelcup to pass a lock cable through.

Well, that’s the idea as well but then you see everyone can cut this small cable :) that’s why the tracker :)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,208 Posts
Lock your board(s). Get a small bike cable, run it through the binding heel cup and secure it to the rack. Cheaper and easier (and definitely more secure) than whatever tracking you have in mind.
^^This!!!!^^.

And also,.... fixed that for ya!!! ;) :D

......Skiers have it harder. No heelcup to pass a lock cable through.
Ya! Dem 2 plankers got it ruff! :sad: Sumbody should tell 'em There's a "Better Way!!" :snowboard2:

;) >:)

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,208 Posts
Well, that’s the idea as well but then you see everyone can cut this small cable :) that’s why the tracker :).....
Not My lock & cable they can't!!! :blink: F that!!! :finger1: :D

:laugh:

....And if they came prepared to cut thru a very sturdy cable? What makes you think they wont just pry your tracker off & toss it in a dumpster? :shrug:

Cables & locks are for stopping the casual, crime of opportunity, dirtbag! For these asshats, it works perfectly!

They're not going to work perfectly all the time for the commited, prepared, professional Dirtbag!!! :dunno: Just the way it is.

Fortunately those dirtbags are rarer than the former!

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, that’s the idea as well but then you see everyone can cut this small cable :) that’s why the tracker :)

Not when there's a perfectly shiny new unlocked board right next to yours. Aren't these mostly crimes of opportunity?

Also, I don't use a tiny flimsy cable you can cut with scissors. I have an actual combination bike lock. Thick enough that you need a proper bolt cutter to cut it (and whoever rides off on my board, I wish upon them that they ride with bolt cutters on their person and have a most unfortunate fall. That is all).

You could also absolutely splurge on equipment check at the mountain.

Whatever, dude, go fund that indiegogo k thx bai!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I actually like the idea because the only real way to stop theft in general is to start catching people in the act.

However that thing on the indie gogo or whatever looks kind of hokey when compared to the ones they sell for bikes that slide into the seat post and use gps and cell phone messaging.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Whatever thing it is would have to be non-removable. Are the bike ones able to be permanently attached?

Also, not easily destroyable. Kinda what @chomps1211 said.
They are invisible as they slide into either the seat post or handle bar. There are also a few others that are hidden in the reflector or an led bicycle light.

Each has its advantages/disadvantages.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
They are invisible as they slide into either the seat post or handle bar. There are also a few others that are hidden in the reflector or an led bicycle light.

Each has its advantages/disadvantages.
they could just wrap the whole thing in foil. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, i recently gotten my bike stolen, very good , pretty expensive cross country bike. Now when I just got my new snowboarding gear, I thought about having such a god tracker that I could stick to the board and have the possibility to look in the App, for example, where the board actually is. It happened to my friends that while they broke for lunch afterwards boards where not present anymore, you can imagine frustration!!!

So is there any mini tracker device for board? If so please shoot a name of it or the company or place the link to the item :)

Many thanks for your help !!
Happy shredding !
Dawid

Try looking for a small GPS tracker like a bicycle tracker. It should be noted that some of them use SIM tracking and some use Bluetooth tracking. The Bluetooth tracker is small and inexpensive, but the tracking range is too small, such as tile. But other small and affordable GPSs are actually not as small as you might expect. Such as spytec can be considered an affordable and high quality GPS tracker, it is worth considering.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a wire cabled bike lock type which you would need a wire/bolt cutter to take off. I have rarely used it though. Not very heavy but needs to be carried in backpack. The most important thing when leaving your board unattended on the mountain is....., Don't. Make sure you always have someone with observation on it. This, is the World we live in. With some cultures ie Japan theft risk is extremely low compared with say Australia or USA. At home having Home/contents Insurance covers this risk for you. Also keep record photograph the serial number of your board/bindings. This will help the Police with recovery.

·
Registered
778 Posts
you have to just post your board up somewhere juicy then lay in the cut rambo style
This is really your only option. Just a heads up... Dress warm, bring a long bamboo straw to breathe through, and be ready to react.

And remember, if your board gets stolen, it's perfectly fine to steal one from someone else... But only if equal or lesser value. Don't be a dick.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try looking for a small GPS tracker like a bicycle tracker. It should be noted that some of them use SIM tracking and some use Bluetooth tracking. The Bluetooth tracker is small and inexpensive, but the tracking range is too small, such as tile. But other small and affordable GPSs are actually not as small as you might expect. Such as spytec can be considered an affordable and high quality GPS tracker, it is worth considering.
What I learnt is that the BT ones are to inform and alarm You when Your stuff gets out of the predefined BT range, board, keys, wallet, whatever You can attach the transmitter too being hooked through a BT to your phone, which is working as a control tower/ref point. You can set up the alarm range yourself (ie. 20 feet), It might be too late to catch board robber shredding down the valley, gps is real deal and yep might be bigger size and bigger bucks.

·
Registered
847 Posts

Someone can scrape off the GPS tracker.

A simple cable lock is a deterrent to cause a thief to pick an easier target

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts