Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Veteran Member
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or Easter or whatever you like to call it.

I believe it to be the beginning of the zombie plague. In preparation for the inevitable apocalypse remember that swords don't need reloading...

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
I hate the fucking holidays. I truly do. I used to love them back east when I actually had family around that I wanted to see. Out here in CO, we have my fiance's mom's side of the family down in Denver. We get drug down there and guilt tripped and attempted to be drug into a house of fraud (errr... I mean a church) and have to endure awkward family get togethers of people who honestly don't want to be together.

It's just awful. I hate it. We're heading down there in about an hour. Wish me well.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Chain saws slice through flesh like a knife through hot butter!

Good luck Linville, don't forget your chain saw!

·
2,316 Posts
I had to go to Church this morning for an Anthropology paper I have to write. I went to a Baptist church since it seemed the least psycho; they were pretty mellow and didn't push any extreme beliefs or ideologies out there. For the first time ever going to church, it was interesting at least from an anthropological stance...

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
Holy shit, a Baptist church was the least psycho? Try a Baptist church in the south. When you're done there, head on over to an AME church and really prepare to have your mind blown.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I hate the fucking holidays. I truly do. I used to love them back east when I actually had family around that I wanted to see. Out here in CO, we have my fiance's mom's side of the family down in Denver. We get drug down there and guilt tripped and attempted to be drug into a house of fraud (errr... I mean a church) and have to endure awkward family get togethers of people who honestly don't want to be together.

It's just awful. I hate it. We're heading down there in about an hour. Wish me well.
wow, the first thing that came to my mind was marijuana and cocaine, rather than the past tense of drag :laugh:

I had to read that twice to see how drugs fit in your statement till i realized what you were saying..laying off the pot for a few weeks, :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
I like the holidays, but not because of any religious BS lol. We all gather at my one brothers house, and he whips up a feast. Started out the day grillin burgers, and tossing the football around. Ended the day with a huge(and very tasty) ham dinner. His house is where the heathens in the neighborhood all get together, and get smashed out of our minds. About 20 people, 8 cases of beer, 2 big bottles of crown, I dunno how many bottles of wine, and I think we were drinking rum and cokes at the end of the night lol. Over all a very fun time, but yeah, feeling a little like a zombie today :laugh:

·
2,316 Posts
Holy shit, a Baptist church was the least psycho? Try a Baptist church in the south. When you're done there, head on over to an AME church and really prepare to have your mind blown.
Amazing right? My other choices included Mormons, Mennonites, Jehovah's witnesses, and some White-Supremacy church, so I consider myself pretty lucky on the outcome.

·
Veteran Member
11,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll second World War Z, it is a good read. The addendum to World War Z is the Zombie Survival Guide and is also recommended.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
No I have not; a good read I take it?

A series I do enjoy is James Axler's Deathlands. A post nuclear war Mad Max type of action novels.
I have to admit, I thought it was okay. The writing just wasn't very good quality. Never immersed me. It felt very amateur.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
What we should really celebrate is...sex ;)

Easter Its Pagan origins
Origins of the name "Easter":
The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede, (672-735 CE.) a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. Some were:

Aphrodite from ancient Cyprus
Ashtoreth from ancient Israel
Astarte from ancient Greece
Demeter from Mycenae
Hathor from ancient Egypt
Ishtar from Assyria
Kali, from India
Ostara a Norse Goddess of fertility.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welp as far as I am concerned the Easter bunny didnt make it... See I was at camp and I got a text Saturday night reminding me that I had to be at "sunrise service" at 6am at home. What that is, is a private mass my brother says via Skype (he lives in Toronto) and we go outside and have the mass and watch the sunrise. Sort of a private family tradition and with the use of computers its pretty cool.

Welp I take alot of back roads when I go back and forth. And....on the way home at 5am guess what I hit:laugh::laugh:

Now im not saying I killed him. I truly dont know...Im certainly not going to waste the time to turn around and see...but I can tell you one thing..at minimum...he was extremely late:laugh:
I'm pretty glad you killed a zombie :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts