Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm 55, been snowboarding 25 yrs, Pretty fit, no pipe or tricks anymore.
I love speed, fast turns. I currently ride an F2 Speedcross with a flow binding soft boot set up. 45 front 36 back. I can carve the set up pretty well.
I've tried hardboot 55 50 before and don't like the feel for general crowded, all mountain, chopped up riding. I also ride narrow hills, although plenty of vertical. Here is my question, Can anyone suggest a more stable or very adjustable soft boot set up for my style or could I ride hardboot at these, or slightly greater angles (Average boots size on risers)??

Thanks..
Lagonda.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think you can ride hard boots at whatever angles you like.
i ride mine at 21 front, -6 back, works for me!
if your into the steeper angles maybe you know about playing with lift (front toe + back heel) to make it more comfy... if you reduce your stance angles lift is less necessary and canting is more necessary... depending on your stance width i guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can anyone suggest a more stable or very adjustable soft boot set up for my style or could I ride hardboot at these, or slightly greater angles (Average boots size on risers)??

Thanks..
Lagonda.
I think your doing your self a disservice by not having a harder boot. Since your not interested in the park or pipe at all anymore that leaves you open to the ability to get a much harder boot for that unparalleled response and control at high speeds no matter what the terrain is.

I would definitely look into at least a 7-8 stiffness but you can easy go to an 8+ with the type of rider you are.

Check out Ride Malamute, Burton SLX and Thirty Two just as a start. Maybe check with the manufacturer of your current boot for something stiffer in their line since you know that you have found a solid fit for your boot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts