Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call it quarantine boredom but how about hard chargers for the 220 lb and over crowd?
From reading other threads I got
Nitro pantera
Amplid pentaquark, 158 only?
K2 manifest
Yes pyl
Rome blur (done)
Custom x
What else you got?
Stay well

·
Registered
229 Posts
Venture Storm
Venture Odin
K2 Joy Driver
Jones Flagship
Ride SuperPig
Weston Backwoods
LibTech Skunk Ape

·
Registered
14 Posts
nidecker ultralight
T.rice 2018 climax
orca 153,
volkl selecta
nitro sabre!

been on these al season.

can vouch solidly for them all...
the nitro was a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeast !

·
Registered
54 Posts
163. Needed enough width for my 10.5/11 boot.

It's a great carver, damp and stable. Pretty stiff, but not too much. Makes my 159 Orca feel soft by comparison.
Right On, I talked to Evo about sizing, and for my 250ish kitted up (sz10boot) they recommended 163 or 166 for more float and stability.
none of those to be had in Oz atm, I think Burton Avenger helped with sell-though there lol.

for the OP,
how about Capita Warpspeed, BSOD (2021) or a Nidecker Platinum?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right On, I talked to Evo about sizing, and for my 250ish kitted up (sz10boot) they recommended 163 or 166 for more float and stability.
none of those to be had in Oz atm, I think Burton Avenger helped with sell-though there lol.
I talked to Niche about it and they said either the 163 or 166. I'm probably pushing 240ish this year. I don't know if any of the Canadian shops ship to Oz, but they have some good deals right now if you can't find it locally.

Likewise, BA's review turned my attention towards it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I talked to Niche about it and they said either the 163 or 166. I'm probably pushing 240ish this year. I don't know if any of the Canadian shops ship to Oz, but they have some good deals right now if you can't find it locally.

Likewise, BA's review turned my attention towards it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks Dude, I'll have a look

·
Registered
963 Posts
Lib Doughboy 195
Jones Flagship
Fullbag Hammerhead or Diamond Blade
Never Summer Chairman, East or Ripsaw
Burton Custom X
Yes Optimistic( chargey but also turny because of the tight sidecut)
Weston Big Chief

·
Registered
363 Posts
Too vague requirements to specify a particular board so basically all stiffer all mountain/freeride boards will fit you.
I’ll throw Amplid UNW8. The UNW8 2019-2021 so stiff and damp that it would handle 250 lbs no problem. I can also recommend Korua Cafe Racer, for you the 164 one.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looked like the fullbags weren’t produced this winter.
Too bad. The diamond blade looks sweet but so does the hammer head 171.
Ride commissioner anyone?
Yeah, I found out about Fullbag too late. I feel like I've been waiting forever for them to get restocked. Stranda has caught my eye now. The Cheater looks like a real charger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 6' 240lb and I ride a 163 Neversummer 25 out west and a Niche Story 162 in North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Stranda looks great, and their prices include worldwide shipping, which is very attractive. They strike me as at least being worth a go. I'm planning on getting on one next season.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dupraz D1 6' + (178 cm) is holding up great for me at 210 lbs. Most comfortable I've ever felt at high speeds on edge. Assume ++ is even burlier. Biggest concern is they're a touch narrow (258 mm waist) so tough if you're over an 11 boot.

Assume the 6'3" is even burlier. Super sasquatch friendly at 280 mm waist.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The Stranda isn't super stiff. I've tried the Cheater 170 and the Tree Surfer. They're for normal guys. Hard carving normal guys.

I had a chat with the founder at a demo event and he pointed out that normal people don't need super stiff rides and that his boards are meant to be able to change turning radius by flexing the board. They're not noodles though.

The Stranda snowboards are really great.

Edit: To clarify... I'm a 100 kg and they're not too soft for me. Just not very stiff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts