Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was looking at the new lib tech boards and found a literal banana board called the "slippery banana" on their website. how funny lookin'.. anyone else see this?
i can't link a picture as it is in the wrong format apparently

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can purchase it on there site i believe, or at least add it to your cart.
only comes in a 160cm and looks like theyre marketing it as a pow board. actually thinking about it now id imagine it might be like an asymmetrical version of their banana hammock perhaps?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
was looking at the new lib tech boards and found a literal banana board called the "slippery banana" on their website. how funny lookin'.. anyone else see this?
i can't link a picture as it is in the wrong format apparently
Is this the board?? I grabbed the image off their site, not really sure if this was the one or not, peculiar so figured it was right...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats it :thumbsup:.. the image i found of it on their site was a .png and the tool to add pics wouldnt let me upload it. regardless thanks for finding it.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
thats it :thumbsup:.. the image i found of it on their site was a .png and the tool to add pics wouldnt let me upload it. regardless thanks for finding it.
No prob.

How in the world would that thing turn going in towards the inner curve??? Looking at the pic making it turn on that edge (right hand side of pic)
Hope I phrased that correctly

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How in the world would that thing turn going in towards the inner curve??? Looking at the pic making it turn on that edge (right hand side of pic)
Hope I phrased that correctly

yea i got it.. but it definitely doesn't look like itd be easy to ride.

"Our experiMENTAL division gets distracted and artsy sometimes. This is taking the term “Ride a Banana” to the next level. But that level is most likely the level of the hospital that treats internal injuries and concussions, so please just hang this one on your wall and call it a day."

they literally say don't buy this board on the site hahh

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
yea i got it.. but it definitely doesn't look like itd be easy to ride.
"Our experiMENTAL division gets distracted and artsy sometimes. This is taking the term “Ride a Banana” to the next level. But that level is most likely the level of the hospital that treats internal injuries and concussions, so please just hang this one on your wall and call it a day."
they literally say don't buy this board on the site hahh
more of a marketing ploy it sounds like.

I guess maybe I should just mock-up a fake one and hang it on my wall next to my SB :D
Finishing a "kid cave" in the basement I wonder if the wife would let us hang our boards down there as decoration :hope:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more of a marketing ploy it sounds like.

I guess maybe I should just mock-up a fake one and hang it on my wall next to my SB :D
Finishing a "kid cave" in the basement I wonder if the wife would let us hang our boards down there as decoration :hope:
the old reverse psychology effect.. yea i could see it being nice wall art for lib fans

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I learned on an old Lib Tech then upgraded to a SB, now sport a Arbor. I'm partial to Lib only to the fact it's my 1st deck.

Kids hang their decks in their rooms year round. So adding them down there won't be a big issue and may look cool. After all it is a Kid Cave.

BA that sounds a lot over the top....I had a little issue selling the wife a hooker on the 15yr olds board last season...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts