Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like a dream in powder. I have rode the mololo in back country and loved it.

Has anyone rode this on groomers? How does it handle? I'm looking for a board I can hike to the peaks with, ride through the powder, then ride down the rest of the mountain to the chair?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I would buy it if they made one for men! 156 WTF is with that for a powder board?
Other than that it looks awesome.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would buy it if they made one for men! 156 WTF is with that for a powder board?
Other than that it looks awesome.
When buying a "powder specific" board, you tend to DOWNSIZE. If you're taking an "all mountain" board but wanna ride Pow, people tend to UPSIZE.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
When buying a "powder specific" board, you tend to DOWNSIZE. If you're taking an "all mountain" board but wanna ride Pow, people tend to UPSIZE.
You might downsize for a powder board but I sure dont.
I saw a barracuda in a shop in japan, it had a nice sweeping nose and would make a nice board for someone looking for a do it all board in a region that gets a decent amount of pow. Definately not a 100% pow slayer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 165 and Cartels. I'm 6'0" and 205 lbs, size 12 Vans boot at reference width, 1 notch heelside from centered, +18/-12 deg. I've been on it 4 days: one "test" day here in upstate NY on groomers, then 1 pow day in Stevens Pass, WA (14"), and 2 more in Feb in Revelstoke, BC (45cm and 28cm each day).

It rides just fine on groomers. The transition to S-rocker is just aft of my front binding, so it's a bit more "pivoty" than a straight-up camber board - my other board is a 162W Custom-X, so that's my reference. I find it very maneuverable in glades and the short camber section in the back allows decent carving and easy skid turns. In crud, it's a little rough and chattery as the S-rocker transition bangs on chunks a little hard. In the pow it rocks. In Revie, I dialed in ~1.5" of set-back, and I literally was floating through thigh deep blower and slashing through the glades.

With your weight forward, the nose stays down and it acts more like a camber - hybrid on groomers. In pow, you pull your weight more centered, and the nose pops up for float. Very happy with it... Awesome ride for a multi-purpose board.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the review this really helped. My shop has one 40% off right now so might snag one.

It's between Barracuda, Berzerker, Highlife, and maybe a Flagship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts