Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I owned the Dada this season. Great wide open freestyle leaning powder board. Did fine in the trees, but with my size 9s and it's 27 inch waist, wasn't ideal. I would have kept it if I had bigger feet or rode more wide open areas. Great for jumps, stable, and with the mild camber, still was fine to carve on groomers when necessary. Medium stiff. Medium edge to edge. Soft nose. Compared to the PP, I think it's less of a party board, while you still can party on it, it's the better powder board.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have its predecessor, the Pillowtalk but after comparing the specs it seems they have made a fair few changes with the Dada so probably not worth commenting really.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I owned the Dada this season. Great wide open freestyle leaning powder board. Did fine in the trees, but with my size 9s and it's 27 inch waist, wasn't ideal. I would have kept it if I had bigger feet or rode more wide open areas. Great for jumps, stable, and with the mild camber, still was fine to carve on groomers when necessary. Medium stiff. Medium edge to edge. Soft nose. Compared to the PP, I think it's less of a party board, while you still can party on it, it's the better powder board.
How much do you weight?
I am 85kgs so close to the upper limit of the range.
I think this would float me fine though and will only make it more playful to me.
What do you think?

·
Registered
271 Posts
How much do you weight?
I am 85kgs so close to the upper limit of the range.
I think this would float me fine though and will only make it more playful to me.
What do you think?
I'm around 172lbs or around 78kg so yeah, it'll be much more playful for you. I actually think this year's PP is a little stiffer anyway so they're probably about the same for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you can afford it I would push for the paradigma, one hell of board in the freestyle/all mountain category.

I picked up the creamer which is more freeride all mountain than freestyle and it is awesome so can certainly back up the brand and also looking to get hold of a dada for indoor on the off season if I can find one used.

If you are on a tight budget they are releasing less techy but same shapes for the paradigma and dada next year in the ticket and twin ticket respectively. Though I imagine they will cost not much less than the dada is in the sales now!

How well does the dada butter?

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you can afford it I would push for the paradigma, one hell of board in the freestyle/all mountain category.

I picked up the creamer which is more freeride all mountain than freestyle and it is awesome so can certainly back up the brand and also looking to get hold of a dada for indoor on the off season if I can find one used.

If you are on a tight budget they are releasing less techy but same shapes for the paradigma and dada next year in the ticket and twin ticket respectively. Though I imagine they will cost not much less than the dada is in the sales now!

How well does the dada butter?
Pretty well, it's wide so a lot of surface area for it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hello,

After months of looking at it, I pulled the trigger on the Dada and got to ride it about 6 days on really small resorts before Christmas, no powder, no jumps, some slush, some ice.
It does a really good job at carving on non icy snow, obviously you need to mind your speed but with re-tuned edges and a less cautious rider, it could do reasonably well on hard snow. Obviously solves the booting out issue for a lot of rider.

Flex-wise, at my weight (87kgs) it is definitely not stiff. The nose did a really good job at absorbing moguls.

I have decided to finally train my switch riding and the condition were perfect for that as there was not much else to focus on, the snow was fairly soft most of the day and there was lots of space on evenings. Not sure how much is just me focusing on it, but my switch riding has become a lot more natural both side and at higher speeds and the board was clearly not an issue here. I'd say that unless you are in pow, it feels fairly twin-ish particularly for a powder board.

All in all, that could really work for a daily for people not seeing hard snow too often and enjoy a non aggressive ride.

I was thinking to sell my Party Platter but am tempted to compare them if I can reunite them later in the season.

All the best!

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Hello,

After months of looking at it, I pulled the trigger on the Dada and got to ride it about 6 days on really small resorts before Christmas, no powder, no jumps, some slush, some ice.
It does a really good job at carving on non icy snow, obviously you need to mind your speed but with re-tuned edges and a less cautious rider, it could do reasonably well on hard snow. Obviously solves the booting out issue for a lot of rider.

Flex-wise, at my weight (87kgs) it is definitely not stiff. The nose did a really good job at absorbing moguls.

I have decided to finally train my switch riding and the condition were perfect for that as there was not much else to focus on, the snow was fairly soft most of the day and there was lots of space on evenings. Not sure how much is just me focusing on it, but my switch riding has become a lot more natural both side and at higher speeds and the board was clearly not an issue here. I'd say that unless you are in pow, it feels fairly twin-ish particularly for a powder board.

All in all, that could really work for a daily for people not seeing hard snow too often and enjoy a non aggressive ride.

I was thinking to sell my Party Platter but am tempted to compare them if I can reunite them later in the season.

All the best!
Have you had a chance to compare the two yet and share any thoughts on the Dada? There's some really good deals on that board here currently

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi There, is There anyone or maybe give me an advice., is it really bad idea to buy amplid dada- im 175cm/5.9 height and 74 kg/ 163 lbs and my foto is 8/42europe. Im kina obssesed with the board lately. Doing 90% resort and 10%pow. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,570 Posts
Hi There, is There anyone or maybe give me an advice., is it really bad idea to buy amplid dada- im 175cm/5.9 height and 74 kg/ 163 lbs and my foto is 8/42europe. Im kina obssesed with the board lately. Doing 90% resort and 10%pow. Thanks
I rode this board in NZ a few weeks ago and loved it. I'm 80kgs and had no problems moving the board around, found it very playful, easy to turn and a nice surfy feel in some powder. I was amazed with the edge hold on this board, great carving boarding, holds an edge well even in those real icy sections. The only issue you may have is the size 8 boot, it's pretty wide at the inserts, I'm a size 10.5. It is a great looking board, also feels very light to ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I rode this board in NZ a few weeks ago and loved it. I'm 80kgs and had no problems moving the board around, found it very playful, easy to turn and a nice surfy feel in some powder. I was amazed with the edge hold on this board, great carving boarding, holds an edge well even in those real icy sections. The only issue you may have is the size 8 boot, it's pretty wide at the inserts, I'm a size 10.5. It is a great looking board, also feels very light to ride.
So, you Say its not As bad idea As i thought?😀 guess im gonna buy it and try it out i guess

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd say I love the board but I have size 10.5 feet - the board has a 275 WW and you have size 8 feet is what you need to know :unsure:
Question is if the small feet Will have any negative effect on the riding itself. But on the other Hand saw People with small feet riding ride warpig which is also Really wide board 🤷‍♂️ i dont know 😀 wNt the dada, but dont want to make some bad decision., with board for 500 E...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts