Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found an old Hooger Booger Blaster, I've heard it was dual camber?

But until I found this pic I wasn't exactly sure, now I've found a pic that shows they had Camber/Rocker/Camber way before anyone else.

On top of that it's Asymmetrical like a Park Pickle:eusa_clap:

Pretty cool, I'm definitely gonna have to try this thing out.

TT

Attachments

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Didnt NS send someone back in time to kill the designer of this board ensuring they were the first with RC?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt NS send someone back in time to kill the designer of this board ensuring they were the first with RC?
That's the only logical thing I could think of too.

If every board company has a version of it now, what the hell happened?

Was Hooger Booger just too stupid of a name?

TT

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I bought it last night. Turns out, it's brand new & has never been ridden.

It has the same profile as my Heritage.

Still think it had to be the name that killed them?:dunno:

TT

·
Registered
151 Posts
The great thing about snowboard history is how it just keeps repeating itself. I like this photo from 1988, check out that wooden board in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
I rode that Blaster for a minute back in the day. Didn't really ride that great compared to the rest of their line, the year after that they dropped the double camber. I can't remember if my boards from that next season still had the asym sidecut, asyms were dying out by that point. Price and bad marketing kept them out of the US market.

I would actually like to get my hands on one of those Blasters from the following season, 93-94 I think. Mine were all destroyed in angst.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got a chance to take a few pics.

After further inspection, it doesn't have the same profile as my Heritage.

It has the same profile as Lib Tech’s New C3 Camber Dominant, Submissive Banana.
The rocker isn't high centered in the middle.

TT

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found an old Hooger Booger Blaster, I've heard it was dual camber?

But until I found this pic I wasn't exactly sure, now I've found a pic that shows they had Camber/Rocker/Camber way before anyone else.

On top of that it's Asymmetrical like a Park Pickle:eusa_clap:

Pretty cool, I'm definitely gonna have to try this thing out.

TT
I rode for heavy tools then hooger booger in 89-93 they sent me that board....I was stoked from all I heard from them.....then I rode it...that corner piece...sticks in at tight turns.....all I remember is randomly eating shit ...because it would dig in....the board before that one was sick tho...and after...rad to see it

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Attack of the necro booger haha.
Well I sold that brand new one, without ever trying it.
I fuckin' hate that.

So fast forward a few years & I found another one, same size & this time I was able to figure out how to mount bindings on the weird hole pattern.

Bindings with 2 slots, like Ride & k2 you can turn the disk and get three screws in, but more importantly it makes the stance wider than what you could with whatever bindings you were supposed to use originally.

Took it to Whistler last year & it's a carving machine. Similar to the ripsaw, in that it carves really nice.

It's not playful though, way to stiff for that.
You ain't gonna butter much on this thing.
And even though I got the stance wide enough to ride it, it still wasn't wide enough to be comfortable.

I do have a couple cutting boards that I bought to make some plates to screw on with inserts placed way wider.

I managed to complete one plate the day I bought them, but it took a long time so wasn't able to get the second one done.

Don't have a pass this year, so every day I get has to be a good , no time for mickey'n around with plated and bull shit.

Maybe next year I'll get that other plate done, then I'll finally be able to take it out with a comfortable stance? Hopefully

TT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts