Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some absolutely ridiculous lift lines on the instagram "epicliftlines"

Has anyone else been seeing this on a normal basis? Will it die down in mid Feb?

For what it's worth, we were planning on doing Thursday at Breck, Friday somewhere else (not sure where) and Saturday at A-Basin.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Breck during the week hasn't been too bad. Avoid places on the weekend. I work weekends so I never have to worry about it. When I get up to the mountain I try to avoid going all the way down as much as possible to avoid the really bad lift lines. If it's a holiday it will be just as busy as weekends. Maybe do Beaver creek on the weekend, in general they tend to be less crowded because it's a little farther away. We've found it to be pretty nice terrain too.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Breck during the week hasn't been too bad. Avoid places on the weekend. I work weekends so I never have to worry about it. When I get up to the mountain I try to avoid going all the way down as much as possible to avoid the really bad lift lines. If it's a holiday it will be just as busy as weekends. Maybe do Beaver creek on the weekend, in general they tend to be less crowded because it's a little farther away. We've found it to be pretty nice terrain too.
Funny you say that, Beaver is my official saturday resort when we do a front range trip, lift lines are so much more manageable there since its the furthest west on I-70 and everyone ends up at keystone/breck/vail. Also Beaver fucking rocks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love me some beaver creek. There is quite a bit to explore, I find that once you get up the main left you barely have any lift lines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you say that, Beaver is my official saturday resort when we do a front range trip, lift lines are so much more manageable there since its the furthest west on I-70 and everyone ends up at keystone/breck/vail. Also Beaver fucking rocks.

That was actually why I chose Arapahoe on for Saturday -- 1 we have to head back to Denver to catch our flight early Sunday morning and 2, I figured with it only being a locals mountain with no "town" that it would be AS crazy as a Breck/Vail on Saturday.

I was checking out the mountain cam for Breck this morning and Peak 8 didn't look bad at all for lift lines, but I couldn't find a cam on the Quicksilver lift.

My one buddy has never been west of like..Maryland to snowboard so I wanted to actually shred Breck on Thursday. I'm still up in the air on what to do Friday, was gonna do Thursday-Friday Breck because our AIRBNB is a 5 minute walk form Quicksilver and then our VRBO is in Silverthorne Friday night so we were going to wake up early and get to Abasin Saturday before heading back to Denver.

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts