Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am looking for other ski slope. :)
I ride on the boards ( snowboard and longboard ) since 2003. Mostly in Europe. Now I want to try other slopes - in America, New Zealand, Canada.
Always interested in speed. Jumping and somersaults are not for me. I like just fast and beautiful carving. You have a great party here, thank you.

In the summer we ride longboards in the Swiss Alps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Nice longboard :) I broke my wrist longboarding at low speed 2 months ago.... Hope to be on a snowboard in July - at least I know how to fall in this sport.
Very sorry. Was the protection on hand? Hand protection is very important. Sometimes you fall and protect your head and face with your hands.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I was on a gentle slope on an empty street (new road) with my kids on scooters. I was only wearing a helmet (;)), but at least I had that... It wasn't the worst fall but in the split second I decided to jump off I didn't think of going into a roll on the asphalt.

The cast is off now, been doing rehab for a few weeks, getting mobility back is slow, hard work.

I suspect the root of my problem was upgrading the ball bearings years ago on a cheap longboard that isn't stable at speed. The trucks seem really loose. I also haven't learnt how to break sliding the board sideways.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very sorry. All the best.
Bearings are of course a global topic. We change 2-3 times per season. If you do not pay attention to this, then yes, the wheel can block and the board does not pull. Dangerous, especially on the slopes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts