Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Hello! Newbie here

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sho 
#1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to say hello. I am not new to snowboarding and started in the early 90s.

I finally went snowboarding this past February for the first time is well over 20+ years. I took my 16 year old son with me. It was his first time. I couldn’t believe it. I still got it, lol. I didn’t even wipeout getting off the lift the first time up.

I thought I was going to waste a run or two to remember everything but I was pleasantly surprised. It all came back the moment I strapped in my back foot. I was linking my turns and riding regular or fakie at will and without thought out the gate. It was as if I had never stopped snowboarding. No, I don’t plan on doing 30’ hits anytime soon and I hope this doesn’t came across as bragging. I was just shocked considering how out of shape I am overall. Think dad bod, lol.

I am amazed at how the technology has really advanced. It was camber and only camber back in the day.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome! Good to hear you’re getting back into it, and that you are this stoked this early on, in your revisiting things.

Yep, tech [and marketing] has come a long way. Like you, all I ever knew when growing up, was stiff cambered decks [Option] with 19 carbon stringers even in their softer park boards.

Hope you can keep enjoying, not just the riding but all the new tech that’s out there!

#3 ·
Welcome! Good to hear you’re getting back into it, and that you are this stoked this early on, in your revisiting things.

Yep, tech [and marketing] has come a long way. Like you, all I ever knew when growing up, was stiff cambered decks [Option] with 19 carbon stringers even in their softer park boards.

Hope you can keep enjoying, not just the riding but all the new tech that’s out there!
Thanks. I’m still sifting through all the info; cam rocker, flat (really? But dang that war pig 🐷 seems cool though) reverse rocker, volume shifted, and since when did some pairs of boots or goggles cost as much as a board for goodness sake, lol? The season is pretty much over in my area so I’m looking forward to next season and continuing my learning and research over the summer and fall.

#4 ·
Awesome you found back to snowboarding.! Experiencing the differences in boards (improved gear in general) will be great fun :)
Breathable but proof jackets definitely got cheaper. Also good boards. No need to spend too much on Goggles, all have anti fog and shiny glass.

For outer shell clothing, theres low quality brands on the rise. They are not built to last but look cool.
If you want to save money, buy last seasons quality gear for 50-60% off now.

And hello, im also new here :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.