Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao!
I have approached this new exciting sport last winter, I've been a skier for ages and discovered that Snowboarding is much much much more funny!!!

Happy to be with you guys! I'm also a frequent traveller so I hope to find you all over the Europe not only for snowboarding!

See ya! :)

Wolf

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Ciao!
I have approached this new exciting sport last winter, I've been a skier for ages and discovered that Snowboarding is much much much more funny!!!

Happy to be with you guys! I'm also a frequent traveller so I hope to find you all over the Europe not only for snowboarding!

See ya! :)

Wolf
I realize it is a language issue, but I must correct you sir: snowboarding is FUN, skiing is FUNNY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't realised if you were joking but fun is a noun and funny is an adjective of the same meaning.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I didn't realised if you were joking but fun is a noun and funny is an adjective of the same meaning.

Welcome and sometimes our members from the other side of the world, English may not be so good.... I have zero ability to speak a 2nd language let alone type it.

I skied for a long time and recently converted and I have never looked back

·
The Swiss Miss
7,448 Posts
Same root, different taste. The noun is going it the direction of divertimiento (or French plaisir; you like it, it's cool, :yahoo:), while the adjective is more like burla (or rigolote; joking or akward, you laugh about it :cheeky4:). I'm also not native English speaking, others will correct.

Welcome! :) Where in Italy do you ride? I've obly been in Cervinia so far.
BTW: Big fan of Italian food :thumbsup:

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
cmon guys lets be fair! I suck at other languages more than anyone!

Not harshing the guy just pointing out that we are cool and skiers look like a sliding yardsale!!

Welcome to the team of cool and awesome, we have people of all types here but only 1 board at a time unless you are Lil Wayne in my avatar you can use 2 boards if you are at the airport.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same root, different taste. The noun is going it the direction of divertimiento (or French plaisir; you like it, it's cool, :yahoo:), while the adjective is more like burla (or rigolote; joking or akward, you laugh about it :cheeky4:). I'm also not native English speaking, others will correct.

Welcome! :) Where in Italy do you ride? I've obly been in Cervinia so far.
BTW: Big fan of Italian food :thumbsup:
Thanks mate!

I usually go to Colere close to Bergamo, that's my base, I like it because it's almost only off-pist and plenty of people who have good time there!

What about you? (close to your living place) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And really Thank you All!!! it's a nice thing to be welcomed here in a such warm mode!
Hope to spend some good time with you guys here on the forum and why not maybe on the snow! ;)

Ciao!!!
Wolf

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like when skiers do that snow plow thing and their hands are all way out, flailing about, and they are standing like they just crapped their pants. That looks like fun. And cool!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts