Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I’m a design intern at Pro-Tec looking for suggestions on how snowboarding protective gear (helmets/pads) can be improved.

I'd appreciate it if you could leave some quick comments on your gear- or anything you want to see in future gear.-Thanks!

1 Do you own / wear protective gear (Helmet/ pads/ protectors)
2 What brand/ model?
3 Why did you choose it?
4 What do you like about it?
5 What problems have you noticed about it?
6 If you were to get another helmet- what features would you want in it?

What comes to mind when you hear Pro-Tec? Anything you associate the brand with?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dont wear any protcective gear. Had a Pro-Tec helmet when I rollerbladed though. It was nice.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I associate Pro-Tec with lower end helmets :cheeky4:

Vans is a cool company though...

On a more serious note, what are you going to pay me if I give you great ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got a protec classic snow with audio force. love it! I crash around letting my head go whichever way it wants cuz i feel unbreakable. I find it a bit bulky and heavy though, but I bought it cuz it was the cheapest one so I'm not sure if higher end ones are more low profile. Love the minimalistic design though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hey

I’m a design intern at Pro-Tec looking for suggestions on how snowboarding protective gear (helmets/pads) can be improved.

I'd appreciate it if you could leave some quick comments on your gear- or anything you want to see in future gear.-Thanks!

2 What brand/ model?
3 Why did you choose it?

What comes to mind when you hear Pro-Tec? Anything you associate the brand with?

1. I will be.
2. Haven't decided.
3./4./6. Since I haven't chosen one yet, I'll tell you what I'm looking for. Something to cushion a knock to my noggin; must be comfortable; good vent system; compatible with my goggles; and having build in headphones that aren't crappy is a plus.
5.Nothing yet.

When I hear the word protec I walk in the other direction.

Send me your best pro-tec gear and I'll be happy to give you some feedback. PM me.
Hahaha.........nice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1 Do you own / wear protective gear (Helmet/ pads/ protectors) YES
2 What brand/ model? GIRO G9 AUDIO/BLUETHOOTH
3 Why did you choose it? WIRELESS, PROTECTION, MUSIC, COMFORT
4 What do you like about it? WIRELESS, PROTECITON, MUSIC, COMFORT, BLUETOOTH
5 What problems have you noticed about it? NOTHING
6 If you were to get another helmet- what features would you want in it? WIRELESS, PROTECITON, MUSIC, COMFORT, BLUETOOTH

What comes to mind when you hear Pro-Tec? I grab my nuts (you know to protect them)
Anything you associate the brand with? no just the name leads me to believe its a brand for protection eq.

still waiting for pm....lol

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If you really want to make a splash as an intern then start thinking outside of the box, man.
What do jackets and/or goggles do that you might be able to get a helmet to do?

How about a helmet with flip-down internal visors?
How about a helmet with a built in camera?
How about a helmet that can hold your lift pass (its RFID, right?)
How about a helmet that can hold/store power or a battery for a cell phone or mp3 player?
How about a helmet with a built in flashing LED light or radio+boom mic to make finding your pals easier during a blizzard?
How abour a helmet built to flow air down onto your goggles to reduce fogging?
How about a helmet with a trail map holder on the inside liner so that I don't get lost on the hill?
How about a helmet with external speakers so that I can kick out the jams at the terrain park?

The only way you're going to 'improve' helmets is to offer features beyond just protection. Maybe a helmet with a removable beanie liner or microfiber liner? Something with a built-in or detachable camera holder for when I want to video my runs with a digital camera?

Don't be afraid to look at helmets for other sports for inspiration. Helmets with built in beacons for bc folks?
There are a ton of things that MIGHT work.... go ahead and try some of them and see what you and the company can learn from the attempts

-EDIT-
P.S. I have an old Protec helmet from my inline skate days in the 90's that I repainted, but am about to retire due to its age (and the foam coming out)
Hey

2 What brand/ model?
3 Why did you choose it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts