Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read some reviews of the Maze and it seems people complain aabout goggle clip, which is lousy and doesnt stay in place. Is thaat true? I like my goggle to rest on the helmet forever, and cant think of a good helmet with a bad clip.

Any other suggestion for a good helmet? Consider i am in italy, so just main brands. Are Red/giro/K2 comparable in terms of quality and protecttion?

Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Second year with my maze - haven't had a single issue with the goggle clip at all.

HOWEVER, what I do have an issue with is the general shape/style of the helmet. Not sure how people classify it as "low profile" but I look like an astronaut with it on. Still, its such a good helmet (warm, lightweight, functional) that I let this con slide.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have the Maze, and I'm season two. No problem with the clip.

Was looking at possibly a new helmet with the blue tooth audio kit I got but the Maze is so much lighter than other options I just decided to keep it.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I like my bern watts...alot. probably will get the same thing brimless next time just to make goggle room.

also different goggles stick to the helmet differently when you put them up(ie, can't just blame the helm). I have a pair that sits/sticks fine, and another pair that will only sit there if I am immobile.

·
Registered
352 Posts
been using the maze this year. nothing at all to complain about. if u dont like the clip u can just take it off. but i have nothing bad to say about the helmet. left it on the roof of my car and a little bit of wind knocked it off. it's so light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helt-Pro in US

I got recently really nice helmet-hat. I was looking at this helmet for a while, but the company (Helt-Pro) is located in Germany and they don't deliver to the US. Some guys start selling in on amazon lately. I do just regular riding, so that this helmet was a perfect idea for me!:yahoo:

·
Registered
845 Posts
And heavier, but you're right. With all the spring skiing we ve had lately I've really been thinking about those vents.

My head is drenched using the maze even with the back vents open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.