Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am new to the forum. I've been snowboarding since I was 5y old, I regularly spend 10-15 day per year in the mountains, I would say I am at an interm-advanced level. I both love free-ride a freestyle therefore I am after an all terrain board. I've been riding a K2 DARK STAR for the past 5-7 year (lost the count). I wanted to buy a new one just the same but I noticed K2 doesn't produce this board anymore, I went on the website but it's not clear at all... I guess I am getting old (I'm 32).

Does anybody ride a K2 all terrain or would know what board it's best I buy?

I'm 178cm high and my weight is 75kg

thanks guys

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you are limited to the K2 brand (which in my opinion is great, but others may not think so) I would recommend the K2 Slayblade. It is completely flat for performance both on and off piste. Remember though that there are a wide variety of mfgrs, and K2 is just one of them. Good luck on your search!

Think snow.
+1 on the Slayblade

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm probably gonna scoop up a Slayblade this year. I've been riding K2 for 13 years. Fuse, Titan, and Zeppelins. This years Slayblade looks like it will feel more like the camber board I'm used to. Also look at the Happy Hour if you don't need a wide board.

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are limited to the K2 brand (which in my opinion is great, but others may not think so) I would recommend the K2 Slayblade. It is completely flat for performance both on and off piste. Remember though that there are a wide variety of mfgrs, and K2 is just one of them. Good luck on your search!

Think snow.
what about bindings? I've been using burton cartel all my life, they feel ok, would a new pair of cartel do fine or you guys have better suggestions?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Or pick up last years K2 Formulas on the cheap. That's what I plan on doing. This years K2 Slayblade with a pair of last years K2 Formulas ($118) from Evo. I like the K2 Company bindings too but they are twice the price $$.

I also like the Union Forces in Matte red but they almost look pink to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts