Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a repair with this, or should I just let it be? It’s protruding slightly out of the side wall. Is this a crack of some sort?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have no idea what is happening there. Is there any incident you can think of that caused it? It looks folded or dented but I dont see a dent in the edge. Personally I wouldnt pay the money to fix it. Id ride it as is till it blew up and then get another board. And it probably will not ever blow up if its just a dent

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have no idea what is happening there. Is there any incident you can think of that caused it? I wouldnt pay the money to fix it personally. Id ride it as is till it blew up and then get another board if I knew I caused the damage.
Boards delaminate sometimes. Lib techs do it lots. It is normally covered by warranty but a fix in the store should be cheap and quick

·
Registered
233 Posts
I didnt even notice that curved area until just now, i thought we were just looking at the delaminated area. Yeah no idea what that is but it looks like it may have been crushed a bit. Try for a warranty and if no luck just get it glued back together and ride

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is why im confused. There are no dents or dings on topsheet or base. And it is definately not a delam. Looks like a dent in the abs sidewall to me which requires no repair.. unless its kinked somehow and then I would be looking for more a damaged core or something. I dunno. Looks tiny but without having the boards in your hands you only have so much to go by.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no idea what is happening there. Is there any incident you can think of that caused it? It looks folded or dented but I dont see a dent in the edge. Personally I wouldnt pay the money to fix it. Id ride it as is till it blew up and then get another board. And it probably will not ever blow up if its just a dent
no incident I can think of🤷🏻‍♂️ Just strange because it’s not affecting the bottom or the top sheet

·
Registered
94 Posts
That looks like some sort of impact to me. The curved dent is way too perfect an arc. Honestly looks like maybe the board fell on top of something hard like metal that created a dent. Or vice versa, something fell onto the board. Maybe from stacking equipment, throwing it around or something?

I agree if it isn't affecting performance or the base just ride it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great advice everyone. I think I will keep riding it and also look into another board. I need an all mountain board anyway 👍

·
Registered
95 Posts
How old is the board? If no base damage, I'd probably send it back for a warranty. If not, probably just epoxy the hell out of it and ride it until it breaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts