Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a park rat, but I love ripping hard all mountain. I'm working at a local shop right now here in NY and am trying to decide on a board before I head out west, where I'll be doing most of my riding.

I am almost completely set on getting a Never Summer, but the Happy Hour still intrigues me.

I want the Evo because of my park/rails/jumps leaning. How does the Proto ride in the park? I have a super super soft Omatic Extr-Txtr I use for the park now, so part of me wants to go with the Proto.

As far as the Happy Hour, I just hear great things about it non stop.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
The Evo is going to feel a fair bit looser than your Txtr. The Txtr wasn't that soft really. I would absolutely choose the Happy Hour. Super fun board.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Nivek did you get to ride the Uberspoon? I know BA has, and while he says both are super fun he preferred the Uberspoon as being more fun.

I'll be hopefully chasing powder but maybe not too successful in getting at it with a baby on the way. So I won't be knee deep anytime. Is the Happy Hour the better choice here, for all mountain in-bounds stuff?

I'm looking for the one that is more playful and more pop, but can still rip 45-50mph if possiblel

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
To the OP Happy Hour for sure you'll want that new LIFTED camber when the resorts are boiler plate.

JDang Happy Hour and Uber Spoon are a bit interchangeable in my opinion, but the tips on the Uber Spoon I rode were more playful for buttering. If you're looking to go fast get the Happy Hour. Speed isn't something I give a fuck about anymore I prefer jibbing small children.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts