Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, in fact I joined the forum just for this purpose, to see if someone can help me identify what model/year my board is. The manufacture is Forum Snowboards (obvious) but I am looking more for the model and year it was made. It would be even more awesome if someone had the specs for the board.

I bought this board about 5 years ago in a Long Beach Convention show, back then I got this board, Burton Custom Bindings, and Burton Boots for $300. I have been riding this board ever since, and for the most part it rides very well...altho I guess I wouldn't know the difference. haha.

Anyways, I'm debating getting a new board, and I figure if I knew what my old board was, then it would be easier to compare what I would want to get new.

I'll try to dig up more pictures of just the board...

Any help would be great!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jiggernuts said:
New to this forum, in fact I joined the forum just for this purpose, to see if someone can help me identify what model/year my board is. The manufacture is Forum Snowboards (obvious) but I am looking more for the model and year it was made. It would be even more awesome if someone had the specs for the board.

I bought this board about 5 years ago in a Long Beach Convention show, back then I got this board, Burton Custom Bindings, and Burton Boots for $300. I have been riding this board ever since, and for the most part it rides very well...altho I guess I wouldn't know the difference. haha.

Anyways, I'm debating getting a new board, and I figure if I knew what my old board was, then it would be easier to compare what I would want to get new.

I'll try to dig up more pictures of just the board...

Any help would be great!
i think that's the team board for back in '99 or 2000 but i dunno i'll see what i can find i see that it says forum on the tail...is there any text after that or am i just freaking out...and i'm pretty sure you can check for the manufaturer date on the board...they all have them

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry its kinda hard to see on the pictures. On the tail it only says "FORUM Snowboards", in the middle of the board it says "DS158.5cm DIRECTIONAL Made in Austria" That's the only markings I see on the board. Thanks for your help!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jiggernuts said:
sorry its kinda hard to see on the pictures. On the tail it only says "FORUM Snowboards", in the middle of the board it says "DS158.5cm DIRECTIONAL Made in Austria" That's the only markings I see on the board. Thanks for your help!
yea it's the Forum Directional Board...i'm not sure when they made this tho..ugh gettin mad at google :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I tried googling it up, but I can't see to find much information on past seasons boards. What happens to all the old boards that don't get sold...do companies destroy them? And it doesn't seem like manufactures keep any online archives of previous season's catalogues. What up with that!

Thanks for all your efforts. Hehe will my board idenitity always remain a mystery?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Identification please?

Can someone please help me identify this Prior 163cm board. Purchased in Whistler Spring 2007?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
man thats a 2002 ive seen it in return of the wild cats

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to sell a board for a friend. This is the info I have, but people keep asking for model and year:
Burton Custom, camber, 158cm, adjustable bindings, Cartel. Should I know more?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Post a pic or search Google yourself for the year. It's one of the most common boards there is. Decent deck but probably not worth much. I have an '08 with Customs in good condition and it's worth pretty much nothing except to myself as a rock board. Still rides well though.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
OK so I think it's a '17, looks like a Flying V rather than camber as well?

Still not worth as much as you might think. $250 maybe tops. Did you steal it? Asking for a friend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not stolen. My buddy is in jail and I'm trying to raise his bond money. It's his board. I have no knowledge of this stuff so I do appreciate it. And the jerk who thinks I would go straight to forums can whatever. Wasted a whole day searching. The text on it says Camber, however you're not the first person to say it looks like flying v. Anyway, I have it listed at $175.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Lay it on the floor, base down and look at it side on. If it's a smooth arc with the middle off of the floor it's camber. If it's more of a flattened out M with the middle touching the floor it's a Flying V.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts