Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im trying to decide which board to get for this season. I am looking at the Salomon Villain or the Signal Rocker light. I ride on the east coast so a lot of ice and i do jibs and jumps with a little bit of all mountain/ pow.
I weigh 140lbs and im 5'8'' and i was thinking getting a 150. If you guys have any other suggestions that would be great. I've been riding a 149 skate banana and honestly i think it holds up fine on big jumps so i want something with similar flex. I am open to any boards that are rocker or hybrid camber. i really like the signal but im afraid that with the amount of rocker it will suck on ice and not be stable.:dunno:
Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
For grip pirposes I'd probably shoot for the Villain. Equalizer works really well. Its also one of the best boards I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the playfullness ans skate-like feel of rocker, from what salomon says the villain is as playful as a regular rocker, but is it? also, how is the villain in powder?

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
I really like the playfullness ans skate-like feel of rocker, from what salomon says the villain is as playful as a regular rocker, but is it? also, how is the villain in powder?
So I've ridden both boards, the Villain is softer, has more pop, better stability, presses better, slays pow, abd turns better. Like I said, its one of the best boards I've ever ridden. The only thing I'd say is maybe consider the 53. I rode the 53 and weigh about 150 and wouldn't want to go any smaller taking it out of the park. It'd be doable, but with how good the 53 was everywhere I wouldn't need to downsize even to get techy on jibs. If you expect to gain any weight get the 53. If you expect to loose any the 50 is the right bet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys think of the bataleon airobic or lobster park board? still the villain? haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts