Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking to pick up a new deck this season. Currently riding a Burton Skeleton Key. I live in Utah and the type of riding I like to do is steeps, trees, hikes to untracked pow and laying out nice carves on groomers. I like to have the ability to ride switch but by no means am I really focused on freestyle. I had purchased the Orca as either a replacement or a compliment to my quiver but I'm having second thoughts on whether it really gains me much. Snowboarders of the internet what do you think I should be looking at?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it for improved pow performance really...but also the ability to ride through things when it gets tracked out or i'm hitting groomers instead. so i guess an improved version of the skeleton key...my other alternative would be to get something even more pow oriented.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I got it for improved pow performance really...but also the ability to ride through things when it gets tracked out or i'm hitting groomers instead. so i guess an improved version of the skeleton key...my other alternative would be to get something even more pow oriented.
You are every retailers worst nightmare. But keep it either way

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was more of a joke but you really shouldn't take it as a compliment, not sure why anyone would enjoy making anyone's job or livelihood harder or more difficult?
i was being sarcastic...i'm just trying to make a good choice on a $600 purchase that's all. don't have a personally fetish for causing trouble with retailers.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i was being sarcastic...i'm just trying to make a good choice on a $600 purchase that's all. don't have a personally fetish for causing trouble with retailers.
Good. And buyer remorse is literally just one of the most expensive and difficult to deal with issues for businesses. Its expensive, messes with ordering numbers, and the like. But again, keep the board, you want it for your quiver. And try and decide before ya buy in the future ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I
Good. And buyer remorse is literally just one of the most expensive and difficult to deal with issues for businesses. Its expensive, messes with ordering numbers, and the like. But again, keep the board, you want it for your quiver. And try and decide before ya buy in the future ;)
I had decided but then the board was on back order and that’s given me more than a month to overthink this decision ??‍♂

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think overlap in the quiver can be ok. I generally lean towards all mountain freestyle boards, and I stubbornly ride them in most conditions, so I have a couple of similar boards. You might just like directional boards with a freestyle element, in that range you have two fairly different decks there.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts