Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such a simple decision, but I am WAY over thinking it.

• I'm 6'2", 210lbs, 11.5 boot - buying the 2022 Rossingol One
  • I ride on east coast (hard pack/icy usually, no pow)
  • Mostly just blue/green named trails and groomers
  • Casual riding, nothing too crazy. Intermediate, looking to progress and get better.

Do I go with the 161W for more maneuverability or 165W for more stability? Thoughts?

Thank you,
Joseph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your reply. What's the thought process behind your reasoning?

I've heard two conflicting arguments for each before:

• Longer board would provide more stability and edge hold in ice. Better to have that than more control. Canprogress w/ it
  • Shorter board will be better and easier to move in choppier conditions. Longer board may too slow in chopped snow.

Which is it - obviously comes down to preference and riding style but I'd be curious to hear why your gut says 161W over the 165W

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
161W no question.

Thanks a lot for your reply. What's the thought process behind your reasoning?

I've heard two conflicting arguments for each before:

• Longer board would provide more stability and edge hold in ice. Better to have that than more control. Canprogress w/ it
  • Shorter board will be better and easier to move in choppier conditions. Longer board may too slow in chopped snow.

Which is it - obviously comes down to preference and riding style but I'd be curious to hear why your gut says 161W over the 165W

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
While true, you're riding East coast and you want maneuverability over stability. And even a 161W is gonna be a very stable board at your size.

For your level, size, and the type of riding you're doing your choice should be more between something like a 158W and 161W. The 165W would be great if all you do is charge steep lines on big mountains.

For comparison sake I'm 200lbs and 6'3" advanced rider and my largest board is a 163W and I only take that out to large mountains (Whistler, Hood) when nobody is there and I want to break 60mph while still feeling stable. If you're not doing those things you don't really need a board above 160 imo, so the 161W should be plenty for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts