Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a new board and bindings for me: im 6'2 180kbs, im an intermediate level, I dont ride park at all, I ride mostly in utah colorado and cali. I live in florida so a setup I can order online is ideal.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Given that you are not going to go in the park and are ridding in places that get big amounts of snow i would say go with something with some rocker and a little set back. Flow Drifter, k2 turbo dream, or NS legacy (wide SL) would all be good for what you want.

Get a mid-wide or wide and look for something in the 157 to 160 range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Given that you are not going to go in the park and are ridding in places that get big amounts of snow i would say go with something with some rocker and a little set back. Flow Drifter, k2 turbo dream, or NS legacy (wide SL) would all be good for what you want.

Get a mid-wide or wide and look for something in the 157 to 160 range.
I agree with the NS SL or Cobra, I don't like Flow, to weird feeling but that's my opinion, or Ride Wildlife. And Rome Targas, or Ride Capo's. Burton Cartel's are also pretty good, but only those bindings from them. As a rule I stay away from Burton because of their poor quality track record.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i like flow side cuts but to each his own.

I have never heard anything bad about burton bindings quality.

I have targas and they would work well for what you are doing but will be on the stiffer side.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i like flow side cuts but to each his own.

I have never heard anything bad about burton bindings quality.

I have targas and they would work well for what you are doing but will be on the stiffer side.
Burton bindings under 200 dollars are poorly made. 200 and up they're pretty good. I know I love my Cartel's, but I like the feeling of my targa's better. Both bindings build quality are superb.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
ahh, i see. most of what i have read is about the vitas, cartels, and higher end bindings. No one seems to be ridding the lower end stuff on here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would the 2013 Union SL bindings be any good for this board?
The cobra would be great with either Rome Targas or Ride Capo. Union are hit or miss with people because of their toe strap. I know people who rave about the their toe strap, and others who hate it but the Targas and Capo I know are really nice. I have both. I would say they're about equal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The cobra would be great with either Rome Targas or Ride Capo. Union are hit or miss with people because of their toe strap. I know people who rave about the their toe strap, and others who hate it but the Targas and Capo I know are really nice. I have both. I would say they're about equal.

I love my Capos!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks alot for all the feedback!! Looks like I'm gonna go with the Rome Targas and the cobra x, any suggestions on which online retailer will ship this setup to florida the fastest? I need it by next wednesday and have no experience with these online retailers, any opinions would be appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts