Jones Mountain Twin
Capita Black Snowboard of Death
Never Summer Premier F1
Jones Flagship
Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix
Yes Pick Your Line
Arbor A-Frame
Rome Mod

This is roughly the order in which I am considering these boards but I'm open to new suggestions. I like steep, narrow rides with jumps, grabs, drops, tree runs, etc. No desire to do butters/rails/etc. I ride Mammoth/Bear mostly which are generally soft-to-hard-packed conditions with some powder days, but I'm on the east coast sometimes and the conditions there can get very-hard-to-icy.

I'm a free-rider at heart, but I like to incorporate some freestyle into my free riding, let's put it that way, I don't actively seek the park except to hit a jump or two, I get my fix from getting creative with the terrain and going off trail.

Heigh: 5'10"
Weight 170"
Shoe: Size 11.5 Burton Ruler (with foot reduction tech)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mountain Twin all the way. set back options, mellow magnetraction, camrock, NOT tapered. If you are a freeride/FREESTYLE this board should melt your face.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mountain Twin all the way. set back options, mellow magnetraction, camrock, NOT tapered. If you are a freeride/FREESTYLE this board should melt your face.
my worry is with how this board might preform in steep chutes and more dangerous terrain

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Are you kidding? Ultra dream is a great mid-stiff all mountain board that is pow oriented but does great on groomers.

Those four are the best all mountain boards I've tried. Personally I own the riders choice because ice is the norm here and i need something i can easily flex. In the occasional pow/soft days I wish I had something more aggressive like those 4 boards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts