Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My measured size is 285 ( 10.5 ) I currently have Salomon HiFi that are 295, in the morning they feel tight, but after 2h I feel that they are too big. Im over 210 lbs if that matters. I'm riding groomers and powder whenever I can, and I like to carve. My main deck is Ride SuperPig + Rome Katana. I would like to try Boa ( double or triple ) system now. I would also like to buy the boots on a stiffer side 6-9.

In my country, we have really limited options, and I was at boot fitter and tried out Nidecker Triton in 285 and they felt OK at least in the shop.

Currently, the boots are on sale obviously so I would like to get one now, but they will need to be bought online, so no trying out.

My available options randomly ordered:
  1. 32 TM2 Double Boa
  2. Rire Laso ( not sure if Pro or not)
  3. Ride Insano
  4. Nidecker Falcon or Tracer
  5. Burton Photon
  6. K2 Thraxis
  7. Ride Trident
Help me please to pick something from these, or at least, narrow it down to 2...

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,933 Posts
Your first step should be to go to this thread Snowboard Boot Size Web Tool - Mondo, Brannock &amp... , follow the directions for measuring your feet, and posting the results. Hopefully @Wiredsport is paying attention during the off-season. If so, they'll tell you what boots will fit you best for your foot size. This is more of a concern if you're not 'typical' in foot shape or width.

FWIW, I've owned 1, 2, 3, and K2 Maysis boots. I found the Insanos too narrow and uncomfortable. All the others were comfortable. The TM2s have a large footprint for any given size, which can affect the size of bindings you need. But they held my foot the best of all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah did that, and also meassured with the special tool in the shoop. Lenght 285mm, width 105mm.

My both bindings are XL so i dont mind a larger footprint on 32s, since my current boots are 11.5 i had to take bigges anyways...

How were you satisfied with 32? Are they stiff eoungh and do they keep the stiffnes for at least 70 days?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,933 Posts
The 32s were far and away the stiffest boots I've owned, and I thought they lasted longer than the others as well. I stopped buying them because as my riding developed, I found a softer boot to be more useful. About the only complaint I ever had, and it's not much of a complaint, was that getting in and out of them was an adventure involving a lot of grunting and cursing.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think the most important thing is make sure the boots are fitted properly.
I personally like a mid stiff boot to allow better edge drive but also easier movement on the features.

·
Registered
155 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts