Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I had a HEAD "push rocka" (camber: rocker/ flex: soft) and I wanna buy a new board for carving in Whistler, I don't like freestyle or freeride, just land down fast with some little jumps and tricks! My level is intermediate.

A friend recommended me a traditional chamber or hybrid C2 / mid Flex (3-4) but I am not sure.... What do you think? Any recommendation?
Is it important to choose an specific sidecut?

Something like that is good for me?
http://www.backcountry.com/rome-agent-s ... COL-S152CM

Or is better a hybrid chamber like those?

2013 Salomon The Villain | Snowboard Shape, Style and Reviews ... he-Villain
2013 YES The Greats | Snowboard Shape, Style and Reviews ... The-Greats

I don't know what brands are better in Canada yet...? Any orientation?

Please help me....This weekend I wanna try to buy a new one in the thanksgiving outlet in vancouver! :p

Thank you veeeeery much!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So guessing English is not your first language, but saying you don't like freestyle, or freeride doesn't make much sense. If you're just hanging out on the groomers look at a burton custom, k2 happy hour, gnu/lib rc/trs. Can you explain where/what you ride more, along with your weight and foot size.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So guessing English is not your first language, but saying you don't like freestyle, or freeride doesn't make much sense. If you're just hanging out on the groomers look at a burton custom, k2 happy hour, gnu/lib rc/trs. Can you explain where/what you ride more, along with your weight and foot size.
Yes, you're right... sorry for my terrible English...:huh: I am still trying to learn it..
When I said don't like freestyle and freeride, I wanted to said I don't like to use snow parks, half-pipe, high jumps and land down outside traits... common said by some people boring snowboarding style... just Alpine Snowboarding or freecarving is the correct name?
My weight is 64kg, my height around 1,62cm and my foot syze is 7

thank you again!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Actually I thought it was more like this:

Freestyle = park/rails/side hits/pipe/etc
All-mountain = A pretty even mixture of park & non-park activities, includes groomer cruising
Freeride = More off piste riding than on piste, possibly off piste jumps
Big mountain = dropping chutes and riding BIG lines down the fall line

Ramister, stop in at Prior snowboards near the base of whistler. Tell them the type of riding you do and then let them suggest a board for you to try out (demo). They're a quality company and know whistler terrain very well...

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts

All-mountain = A pretty even mixture of park & non-park activities, includes groomer cruising

Ramister, stop in at Prior snowboards near the base of whistler. Tell them the type of riding you do and then let them suggest a board for you to try out (demo). They're a quality company and know whistler terrain very well...
+1 on all of this.

I visited the Whistler shop when I was there a couple of seasons ago.
They know Whistler, and design boards based on the riding there, so they are your best bet.
Check their website to familiarize yourself with their products, and then either call them or visit them at their shop (10 minute drive from Whistler).
They'll match you up with the board you should have.

Oh, and you can also demo their boards before buying.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts

Yeah, you are right. Outside of Freestyle I find most of the other categories trend as sub categories of Freeride. Maybe it's just me and I was over simplifying it no doubt.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Yeah, you are right. Outside of Freestyle I find most of the other categories trend as sub categories of Freeride. Maybe it's just me and I was over simplifying it no doubt.
HOW DARE YOU?!? :RantExplode:

:D

Yeah it just seems that for board types you've generally got:

Freestyle - soft flat/rocker
All-mountain - medium w/various profiles
Freeride - stiffer w/various profiles
Big Mountain - stiff w/ camber or RCR profiles

I'd say most people fit into the "all-mountain" category when shopping for a single board. If they bought a freeride it may be too stiff for them. A lot of companies "freeride" board is their stiffest model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone!!!

Without doubts, my style is all-mountain.

I can't go to Whittler yet..I will go there the next month and I nee to buy my board of the last season 2012-2013.I can't pay a new one of this year.

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could anyone tell me if these boards are good in all-mountain? I don't know nothing about TBT camber...

- Bataleon Evil Twin Snowboard 2013
- Bataleon Disaster 2013

·
Registered
135 Posts
They are both freestyle boards. The Disaster being a jibboard and ET more of a jump stick that's actually on the stiffer end of medium. Rather shoot for a Goliath if you want TBT.

edit: The ET isn't a bad all-mountain stick, tho.
I strongly suggest you to demo TBT before. It's one of these love or hate things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you very much!

I was in different stores in Vancouver yesterday and they recommend these boards... Could you help me to know which ones are better for me?
Or simply tell me if these boards are good or not...

- Forum The Destroyer Doubledog 2013 148 (hybrid camber)
- Forum The Rat Snowboard 2013 147 (traditional camber)
- Ride Kink Snowboard 2013 147 (flat camber)
- Forum 2012 contract 146 (camber)
- GNU carbon credit 2013 147

- ELAN RAM 2013
- Technine tech9 camrock 2013
- Drake empire 2013

- Ride kink 2014

Thanks everyone again!!!

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
idk but perhaps since, ur an intermediate...udk yet....just ride, do demos on the hill and then buy....besides upper whistler is difference than lower whistler. but if u must then get an all mtn directional fs like a rider's choice in the right size....then ride the shizz out of it till your skills progress and then decide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have filtered my options.... anyone can help me?

GNU carbon credit 2013 147 or Forum The Destroyer Doubledog 2013 148??

I like GNU more, but I am not sure if it's good all mountain board

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts