Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Buying gear at the start of a season, you are never going to get a good deal. You are probably going to have a tough time finding what you need too. Between supply chain issues and snowboarding being flooded with new people it may be difficult. Yeah that is a good board, yeah it's overpriced. But you are probably going to end up overpaying on something because you're buying it weeks before everything opens up and people know there are desperate people out there who need a board and will pay. It's not just snowboarding, it's everything. Other winter sports get more expensive in fall and summer sports get more expensive in the spring. Next time be more astute and buy your gear on sale at the end of the season or get a head start in august or september.

I was looking for snowboard boots in August because I was concerned I wouldn't be able to find them. I bought from Evo in august and they had a ton, now they are saying there's only 3-5 in stock in the size I bought. Those are gonna disappear once stuff starts opening up more.

My advice is just to spend the extra $50 or so just to secure the board for this season and not make the same mistake next year.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts