Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
This is a 2014 Custom 58 for $US225. A new '22 Custom is $US629.95 RRP. So this board is running at 36% of the new price.
This board has been a beaten around a little and looks like it hasn't been kept in a board bag. The top sheet has a fair few scratches and edge chips. In the end a board is really worth how much someone pays for it whilst also priced alongside the cost of rentals. The Custom is a brilliant AM full cambered moderately stiff board.

I recently grabbed a new delivered '22 Custom on the EOS sales down here in Australia for $US398 thanks to Covid shutting down the Mountains for most of Winter.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If the base is okay as from the pics it looks reasonable. You can polish up top sheet and it might hide a few of the scratches however I'm not that knowledgeable with US 2nd hand prices. I worked it out and it's $Au225 so that's a pretty good price for a 2nd hand '14 Custom.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than half of his asking price. Sorry but it aint worth more than 125. You have a ton of other board to choose from just by looking a Facebook marketplace or buy and sell groups.
Links?

At $US175 he's paying 27% off the full RRP @'22 Custom for a reasonable condition used '14.
Everyone is after a good deal but you're suggesting $US125 (20%).

In Australia it's $Au180 to hire a board/bindings for 5 days peak Winter. He already has the bindings so it's a pretty fair deal. He will hardly lose anything on the outlay of this board even after a few years riding.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I bought a first year Skeleton Key ridden one day for 1500kr/$170 or a older buy brand new Sleazy Rider of eBay for the same amount.
There is always deals to be made.
For the astute there is always a chance in tripping onto a great deal. I while ago I grabbed 2 pairs of Volkl skis, poles, boots for $Au120. I did a full clean/service/wax on them and sold them for over $Au1200. I knew it was a good buy. I've done this with numerous other boards and ski as well but in the end he's getting a 7 yr old Custom which is a upper end board in okay condition. I perused a few US snowboard outlets and they are renting out at around $US40-50 a day for a board/bindings so 5 days hire would pay for this board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts