Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently decided not to buy a Custom Flying V, alltough it seemed to be the one board I wanted (all the talk about the non-existing edge hold on hard pack/ice made me back out).

So I've read alot about the all-mountain setups, and the Rome Agent Rocker looks like a stick that could be a nice all-arounder.

Now I'm reaching out to you for some opinions. I'm an intermediate rider that like charging most resort pistes, but newly found myself spending more time learning to butter and hitting jumps on my way down.

Does somebody have a clue if the Agent Rocker is to stiff for presses/butters? It has an flex-ratio 8, but the rocker between the bindings suppose to make it more agile..

I'm 5'10-5'11, 154 lbs and the boots are US 10.5 (shrinkage tech). I figured a size 155 would suit me weight-wise, but I'm concerned of toe/heel-drag when the waist-width of the board is 25.1 - even though it has an pretty small sidecut radius. Does anybody have an experience of the non-wide Agent Rocker and "larger" boot sizes (or an opinion about my choice of board-lenght)?

I'll be thankful for any input.

Best regards.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
As long as the main portion of the sidecut is less than 8.0 your 10.5's will fit just fine. The Agent Rocker has been the staple all mountain freestyle deck from Rome for a very long time now. Its a well done board and if you're looking for something comparable to the Custom it matches very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, the sidecut radius is 7.83 (not sure what the main portion sidecut is :) so I suppose I'll be fine.

This maybe a stupid question, but when you referred to the Agent Rocker as Romes Custom, you meant the Flying V, right? I really don't want to go all to stiff, if I'm shaping up my presses/butters..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

What about the board size? 155 (125-185 lbs) would be spot on my weight (154 lbs), but the stance width of 22'' is one inch more than the average in "my" sizes, which could indicate that the size is over my weight? Do you have a clue about if the board properties changes when altering the stance from the manufactures "reference" stance?

I could of course set the bindings in a 21'' stance, but then there's the issue of toe/heel-drag when moving towards the waist..

I know I'm splitting hairs now, but these things make me hesitate when the budget is tight nowadays (student).

Thanks again.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Good boards, I have one myself. Go for the 155 unless you are mainly freeriding pow then you should have the 157. Width is not a problem for your boot size and is actually a hair wider than most 'regular width' boards. Enjoy :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts