Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is over and im looking forward to winter. its also time to upgrade my setup.

heigh: 5'5
weight: 120
East coast
current board: snowjam 149

Im in between beginner and intermediate, i can make my way down a mountain on easy and intermediate trails and i've never been to the park (this year i'm planing on going)

im not sure which board to buy even though i've read plenty of information. i will be spending most of my time free riding and trying to learn press/butters/180s etc.

finally, should i get a freestyle board that is 146/147?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm currently riding a Bataleon Aerobic 151 and I have to say it's one of the best boards I've ridden.

It's aimed at people looking to ride park/jib (like me) but it also handles amazing all over the mountain (which I also love)

It's quite a soft board, but it holds edges damn good. I love the TBT base!

hope this helps

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I suggest you demo tbt before you buy it. I have buyers remorse with mine and ignored the same suggestion from others. Also it is virtually un-resellable.

No knock on Bataleon at all, I actually dig the company, but I won't be giving tbt another try.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suggest you demo tbt before you buy it. I have buyers remorse with mine and ignored the same suggestion from others. Also it is virtually un-resellable.

No knock on Bataleon at all, I actually dig the company, but I won't be giving tbt another try.
i never sell my board but then again i've only bought two till date. i guess i'll wait till winter and demo it before i think about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
919 Posts
I am a huge TBT fanboy and I still tell everyone to try it out. I recommend riding it for at least a couple of hours.
For me after about 15 minutes I realized i loved how it felt. I have a friend who rode his for a full day before he adjusted and not really likes it.

Then I have a bunch of friends who call them the "death canoes" and wont strap into them ever again.

DEMO IT.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a huge TBT fanboy and I still tell everyone to try it out. I recommend riding it for at least a couple of hours.
For me after about 15 minutes I realized i loved how it felt. I have a friend who rode his for a full day before he adjusted and not really likes it.

Then I have a bunch of friends who call them the "death canoes" and wont strap into them ever again.

DEMO IT.
the only problem with demoing a board is that i live in the east coast(maryland) and go to wisp(2 and half hour away) every weekend or every other weekend.
They have maybe one or two weekdays where Burton or other companies will let you demo it. i work m-f so its tough. I'll probably try it when i go to to Vermont this winter. :yahoo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts