Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all looking for some advice again.

I've been looking for a Proto CT and could only find this one at the asking price of $350 and the guy claims he only put 7 days on it. It's 152 cm and I'm guessing I can get it down to $300.

While waiting to pull the trigger a Proto HD was listed at $400 and has been ridden exactly once. It's 154 cm and I'm thinking I can probably get it for $375.

Stats on me: 5'8" and I fluctuate between 117-120 in my birthday suit. The NS board sizing lists the 152 cm as 110-160 lbs while the 154 cm is 120-170 lbs. Any input? I ride with some skiers a fair bit but when I'm not with them I like to hit parks and just shred around wherever.

(Also the Proto CT has sick graphics even if that shouldn't be what I base my decision on.)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Hey all looking for some advice again.

I've been looking for a Proto CT and could only find this one at the asking price of $350 and the guy claims he only put 7 days on it. It's 152 cm and I'm guessing I can get it down to $300.

While waiting to pull the trigger a Proto HD was listed at $400 and has been ridden exactly once. It's 154 cm and I'm thinking I can probably get it for $375.

Stats on me: 5'8" and I fluctuate between 117-120 in my birthday suit. The NS board sizing lists the 152 cm as 110-160 lbs while the 154 cm is 120-170 lbs. Any input? I ride with some skiers a fair bit but when I'm not with them I like to hit parks and just shred around wherever.

(Also the Proto CT has sick graphics even if that shouldn't be what I base my decision on.)
I'd hold out for <$300 or get a different board.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
This year's board (HD) ridden once for only $400? Assuming no damage, that is an absolute steal at their full asking price since it's $550 brand new. If you don't jump on it, someone will quickly. Also since this isn't like most other boards where th eonly difference is the graphic...it's actually a completely redesigned board so I would def want the latest version.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
This year's board (HD) ridden once for only $400? Assuming no damage, that is an absolute steal at their full asking price since it's $550 brand new. If you don't jump on it, someone will quickly. Also since this isn't like most other boards where th eonly difference is the graphic...it's actually a completely redesigned board so I would def want the latest version.
+1. All the above

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Gonna go for it.

If only the cartels arriving today were anything other than white :dunno:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Dang where y'all getting these craigslist deals. Ain't shit out in San Diego except old ass boards or Sims/Morrow junk.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd go for the HD. I haven't ridden mine yet, but I sure do like looking at it.

I managed to get the cartels in the same blue color that's on top of the HD.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
First of all, NS does not have a sizing chart. Second, at your weight you would definitely be better off with the 152 (esp. if hitting the park quite a bit), but the 154 might still be manageable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First of all, NS does not have a sizing chart. Second, at your weight you would definitely be better off with the 152 (esp. if hitting the park quite a bit), but the 154 might still be manageable.
I swore they did, but I double checked and it turns out the one I found is actually through evo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts