Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get the Never Summer Infinity board.
From what I've looked up online, I need size 147.
However, the discounted website I'm buying from no longer has that size in stock.

I'm wondering if I should go a size shorter to 145, or a size longer to 149.
I'm a beginner, female, 125 lbs, 5'5".
I would like to keep the board for a long time.

Your help will be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I'm looking to get the Never Summer Infinity board.
From what I've looked up online, I need size 147.
However, the discounted website I'm buying from no longer has that size in stock.

I'm wondering if I should go a size shorter to 145, or a size longer to 149.
I'm a beginner, female, 125 lbs, 5'5".
I would like to keep the board for a long time.

Your help will be greatly appreciated :)
Based on the size chart you are only 5lbs away from what they say the max for the 145 should be. Where as the 149 you are right in the middle. Based on that I'd say go up. However I'll let those who know more from experience chime in.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I would consider where you're riding and what type of riding style you would like to develop as you progress. If your riding a smaller mountain or want to get into park riding the smaller board will be more playful and easier to maneuver. If you ride a bigger mountain and want a board that will handle speed and powder then go bigger.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looking at the specs on the ns site it doesn't look like either is that far off from the 147. Being a beginner you may want to size down to have a board that is slightly more responsive and manuverable. You would probably be fine with either though.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I would consider where you're riding and what type of riding style you would like to develop as you progress. If your riding a smaller mountain or want to get into park riding the smaller board will be more playful and easier to maneuver. If you ride a bigger mountain and want a board that will handle speed and powder then go bigger.
pretty much this.

just remember that 2cm is less than inch, and 4 is only an inch an a half.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help! :laugh:
I ended up getting the 149 to get a little more stability and less chatter out of the board.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,517 Posts
Thanks for all the help! :laugh:
I ended up getting the 149 to get a little more stability and less chatter out of the board.
:thumbsup: Here's hoping you wind up lovin' the board! (Pretty sure you will!) :D Please,.. be sure to stick around the forums and let us know how she rides!!!

·
The Swiss Miss
7,612 Posts
:thumbsup: Here's hoping you wind up lovin' the board! (Pretty sure you will!) :D Please,.. be sure to stick around the forums and let us know how she rides!!!
+1.
There's a lot of room in the women's board review sub...

Have fun :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
For a beginner you definitely want to size down. It will make learning much less frustrating. Things like chatter and stability aren't a factor at all until you're going quite fast. But that board is wet noodle soft, so you should be ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts