Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking to get a new pair of bindings this week. I was looking at the Flux DMCC (not the lights) and im almost set for it but I wanted to get second, third, and maybe fourth opinions! haha well anyway, I'm an all mountain rider, I'd say I only spend about 25-30% of my time in the park but I try and hit all natural features I can get to on every run. I mostly go hard on groomers, tree runs, moguls here and there, and pow runs when weather permits it. I want my binding to at least be solid in the park though and based on reviews the DMCC is a pretty good all mountain binding. I've ridden my cousins beat down k2 deck with low end ride bindings and rental boots for the past five years and the few years before that all rentals. So of course anything is an upgrade but I really wanna get good, well performing equipment that will last me a little while (so durability is a concern as well).

I am wondering about compatibility as well so if it helps I recently got an lib attack banana 161 W
I have a nike zoom force 1 in a size 12 and 13 (returning one of them, probably sticking with the 12)

All suggestions are for sure considered but from what I know, I am a fan of flux bindings. I like their heel straps, LOVE the ratchets, and everybody's gotta be raving about em for a reason right? lol

Thank you for all replies ahead of time! Need all the help I can get! :dunno:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have two pairs of DMCC 11/12 and 12/13; they are stiff and light. Buy them they are fantastic and if you have some problems with the caps ladyflinstone (name in this forum) is a flux manager super good

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think there have actually been alot of people complaining about them. I know they have had issues this year with toe straps breaking, but I personally dont ride them. That being said im sure this wont be a problem next year as they will no doubt remedy it quickly. Do some research and look at other brands that are comparable in performance to the DMCC and pick whats best for you. The flux arent canted if that is an issue for you as well...

User reviews are your friend...look for common problems and common positive things. Some other stiff freeride style bindings like the Rome Targa, Union Charger, Burton Diode and Ride El Hefe might be of interest.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two pairs of DMCC 11/12 and 12/13; they are stiff and light. Buy them they are fantastic and if you have some problems with the caps ladyflinstone (name in this forum) is a flux manager super good
Thank you for the replies! I was looking at the 12/13. Have you had problems with the caps? Honestly ive been looking for user reviews everywhere but everything is on the DMCC lights and not much on the DMCC. From what ive heard they are a quality binding that is more stiff but has enough flex to perform for park.. of course I do not have experience riding flux which I would like to change. Are flux caps known to have problems? I had not seen this anywhere previously.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I broke the CAP and i received yesterday from US (I'm in Italy) for free the new and reinforced caps. Is a common problem of caps 12/13. But the flux USA is super efficient!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Are flux caps known to have problems?
Two of my riding partners have the FS45's. One guy has had both toe caps replaced as the top cross piece broke; one after 1 week, one after a month or so. Second guy had one break and replaced. The break spot was the same in all 3 caps ratchet side top cross piece. The local shop that did the replacing had a whole bunch of toe caps on order b/c according to them this was a common problem with this years flux toe caps. Down side is they are now riding mismatched toe caps. :giggle:

Again, im sure this wont be a problem after the new models come out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man... kinda torn now. really had my heart set on the dmcc but idk now.. idk if I wanna have to replace parts every other week.. :dunno:

anybody else have this experience? or any other feedback?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just take a look at Flux's facebook page....in march they have 5 different people thanking them for the quick turn around on straps....

It would seem that if you buy this years bindings, you may be waiting for parts at some point.

I dont mean to hate on flux...but they should have shipped new caps out to their dealers to put on existing stock when this became a problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry to have to dumb this down, but do you mean that this years were improved? or that this years have problems but stores do not have replacement parts laying around? and lastly by this year do you mean 12-13?

·
Registered
730 Posts
It seems this years model (12/13) have the problem. It also seems like Flux is doing a great job of getting replacement parts to the people with problems. The local shop here had a bit of a wait to get them to my friends.

Thats all I know...other than my satisfaction with my ________ bindings. 5 years, 4 pairs, high performance, no issues with breakage whatsoever with 40+ days a year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohh I see, what are the bindings that you've used recently/riding style?

Hmm is it bad that I am still strongly considering the DMCC? lol

Thanks for your feedback btw

·
Registered
730 Posts
I ride Burton bindings...old missions, freestyles, then new cartels and brand new mission restricted in that order.

I ride hard and fast... big mountain. I hit up the city hill here and there for some pipe/jumping fun and abuse all my gear to the max. the cartels are my favorite. They have excellent CS as well, but i have never had an issue. people have had problems with broken highbacks on the diodes, but nothing of mass-issue like the straps.

Ive wanted to buy other brands (b/c burton has such a hold on snowboarding stuff) , but ive never had a reason to...I dont care for burton boards, or boots but their bindings are consistently high quality and everything i need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sounds like a fun time haha but yeah i was looking at the cartels as well but for some reason i really dont know what it is im stuck on this dmcc, need someone to either talk me out of it or i just need to buy them (preferred) lol. good deal too, something like 170 (at least a good deal as far as i know)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Flux did already better and stronger caps; I received them today

·
Registered
730 Posts
Its a good deal, but in my opinion there is better binding tech out there for the same price...canting, reduced base material (forum, burton, etc). Its your money though, good luck with what you choose and be sure to put up a review when you've got a few days on what you get!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its a good deal, but in my opinion there is better binding tech out there for the same price...canting, reduced base material (forum, burton, etc). Its your money though, good luck with what you choose and be sure to put up a review when you've got a few days on what you get!
i see what you're saying, thanks bro. I'll probably only get one more day in this season but I'll review on what I can!

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are identical same shape but the composition is different they reinforced them!!! Flux said to me that by mail!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
To explain,*Flux has a machine that heat molds toe straps, actually 10 of them. One of the machines was off calibration and was accidentally injecting tiny air bubbles into the mold thus making the straps perforated and prone to tearing from the inside out. This only occurred to a small batch of FTMs. A new batch of reinforced FTM's* have been made to replace this bad batch. They look the same, but they are made out of a stronger, denser material. On a case-by-case basis, Flux will be replacing any and all FTMs that break immediately. If you had to wait a little bit, or have gotten mis-matched straps, it is because we have been working hard to figure this out so you don't see any breaks in the future. We have sent some of the new straps out to shops so they have them on hand, but it may be quicker to just email me so I can get whatever you need in the mail. Please refer any warranty issues to [email protected]. I will continue to provide the best customer service possible! Flux prides ourselves on making a quality product... sometimes things like this happen, but we want to do all we can to make it right! Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts