Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello, this is my first post so i hope im posting in the right place.

Im looking to buy a new board, im considering three boards

Salomon The Villain
Ride Machete GT
Burton Sherlock Blackjack

Firstly im not sure which one to get :dunno: , leaning towards the villain cause i found it for cheap but size 155 wide or 158 not wide, given that im 188cm (6'2"), 79kg's (175lbs) and have a burton shoe size of 12 US, should i get the 155w, 158, or just pay more for one of the other boards in a bigger size.

If i shouldnt get the villain 155w or the villain 158, then what board and size would be the best. btw im looking for an all mountain freestyle board, i.e: powder, groomers, jibs and park, (mainly good carving, jumps and rails, and average or better on everything else)

I'd apreciate a quick reply cause im planing to buy a 2013 model before they are sold out :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would definitely get a wide model board, I always advise people that u can get by with a 11 if your using a duck stance, but 12 your going to have to move up to a wide model. As far as your boards go I demo'ed a machete gt just a few weeks ago and I thought it was a pretty decent board. A little to stiff for me but it was great on jumps and had good turn response. In my opinion it would make a great freestyle all mountain board.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
i used to ride a 157, now went to 154, and love it....i weigh about what you weight. if i was you i would go between 152 and 154...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts