Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying this board for my nephew whom is a beginner. He's been on the slopes twice but picked it up rather quickly. The board is a Burton Brushie, not sure about the bindings, and the owner is not sure of the length of the board. Says he's 6' tall and the board comes to his chin so I'm assuming the board is around 156cm. Cosmetically the board looks good but I do not know enough about these boards to determine what's a good deal. Let's hear some opinions on what some of you more seasoned riders think about what would be a fair price to pay. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Not sure what that is... I see a "B" so maybe Burton? Definitely not their normal B though.

One thing I know for sure... those bindings look terrible. They look like toy bindings lol. Look at those plastic highbacks.

What's your nephew's weight, boot size, and height? I have a 2008 Custom Smalls 140cm. If he's a little kid, would be really nice. It's brand new, never used with all the stickers still on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the binding look the same as the ones on my friends one board that is literally plastic. board and all. idk about the board but im those bindings are terriable and will most likely break quickly as my friends did.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
That's definitely a Burton they used to use that "13" logo which kind of looks like a "B" and Brushie pro-model boards in the mid 1990s ; the lo-back bindings are also a giveway that the board is probably pretty old.

My Google-Fu tells me it's a 1994 Brushie, so yeah you're looking at a 16-year old deck.

I'd go $75 max for the board + bindings.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
It would have been before Brushie signed on with ride sometime in the mid 90's, not sure the exact year. But if it is a 57 that might be too big for your kid.

And yeah it definitely is from 94

1 - 8 of 8 Posts