Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a little girl on the way due Christmas Eve. I'm pretty excited to have a little one to show the way of the board. I know it's a bit early to buy a board since she's not even born yet but I do have a niece who I am taking this year to show them so I am going to let her use it til mine is ready for it. I know this sounds cheesy coming from a guy but all of my wife's friends do these cheesy pictures to announce their little one like three pairs of chuck taylors or cowboy boots, etc. Well since I am an avid snowboarder as well as my wife I thought it would be original to get a little board and take a picture of all three of our boards.

So, I've researched and 90cm is the smallest they make. I have no idea about shoe sizes etc. My question is should I go to a 100 cm so it lasts longer? or is 90 cm going to be my best option for her when I get to take her when she's 2 (if not 1 as I've seen a few videos of kids doing). Or is it not going to even matter at that age what size board? I also have no idea what size boot I should get as it is my first kid.
I have given several private lessons to kids and adults so teaching my kiddo is not going to be a problem.

I have found the following two boards for cheap and then have heard good things about the burton chopper.

K2 Lil Kandi Grompack Snowboard/Boot/Binding Package - Girls' at REI.com

Head Maya Girls Snowboard Package at Levelninesports.com

·
Registered
59 Posts
yes and her own twitter, instagram, she already has a smart phone waiting for her. do you want her screen name?
Not good enough. She should have access to the smart phone from the womb. Can never start them too early in the learning process. Only one way to get it to her though :/

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Not good enough. She should have access to the smart phone from the womb. Can never start them too early in the learning process. Only one way to get it to her though :/
I'd love to hear THAT conversation with the mother!:dizzy:

·
Banned
257 Posts
wait

wait if you have a child coming that means you had intense sex with your wife? Is that true?

·
Super Moderator
6,327 Posts
Bizarrely, this reminded me of an old quote from the Devil's DP Dictionary:

Pigeonhole: (N) A location for storing data, limited in capacity only by the size and courage of the pigeon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts