Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help with choosing a goggle [non technical - what looks good with jacket/helmet]

Hi,

I have this helmet and have been looking for some goggles to go with it. Helmet :

How do you think these would look with it

Has anyone seen any similar goggles with that green color I am looking for?

Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wouldn't buy both in green, the colors will never match and I think that won't look good...

Btw, if you get Anon-goggles, you might wanna look at a RED helmet. They are made to fit on eachother, and besides that, you should always try to see if you don't get a gap between goggle and helmet. That's just for idiots ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't buy both in green, the colors will never match and I think that won't look good...

Btw, if you get Anon-goggles, you might wanna look at a RED helmet. They are made to fit on eachother, and besides that, you should always try to see if you don't get a gap between goggle and helmet. That's just for idiots ;)

The green goggles are nice but unfortunately I won't be wearing any yellow so it wont work.

You might be right lydt - I might have to make a new plan.

I was only getting the goggles based on the theory that I want them to match the helmet - otherwise, anon is probably overpriced. Idk though - I might just have to go to the store with the helmet and try stuff on (duh).

Or use my current goggles.

Do you guys recommend spherical lenses over flat? Is it a significant difference? I have flat $50 smiths right now - Idk if it is worth it to upgrade to spherical

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
The biggest benefit of spherical lenses is that they offer more field of vision without distortion. This is why the biggest goggles out there are all spherical lenses. You just can't make goggles like the EG2 with flat lenses because things will start to get distorted.

If flat lenses have been working for you and you don't mind the FOV, then stick with em.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The biggest benefit of spherical lenses is that they offer more field of vision without distortion. This is why the biggest goggles out there are all spherical lenses. You just can't make goggles like the EG2 with flat lenses because things will start to get distorted.

If flat lenses have been working for you and you don't mind the FOV, then stick with em.
I always notice the frame of the lenses. Seems like a small fov

Shouldn't it be more? Like should I be able to roll my eyes to the side like I can without goggles and see things?

ALSO What do you guys think about these
And I can get a great price ($50) - but that also means it is a cheaper goggle. It is scott and MSRP is only $95. Does that make it bad? Is Scott a respected brand when it comes to goggles? Or will anon or smith or electric (or some other brand) be a better goggle?

Edit: Just realized that is a green goggle again :) . Everyone agree that that will look bad with the helmet? If so, what is a good color? What about a light blue or something? Here is my jacket

My pants are are a very rich green - they match at least one of the color swatches on the jacket :)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if you're still considering the green Hawkeyes but they have the exact color on geartrade if you don't mind buying used. My entire goggle collection was purchased through geartrade and I highly recommend them if price is an issue. The Hawkeyes are a great goggle by the way, my second favorite behind the EG2's. GearTrade - Anon - Hawkeye Goggle Absinthe/Green Solex, One Size - Ex
Na ill pay extra for new :) Thanks for the advice though.

How do you think the green hawkeye would look with the helmet and jacket?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well.. to each their own but personally I'd go for a different color. You have a green helmet and partially green jacket, I think going green on goggles would be a color overkill. I really don't know what color goggles i'd get with that combination, blue? black? I'm really no help when it comes to style, I just wear whatever.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Smith Phenoms are my favorit goggles. I don't know about the colors or how much you want to spend, but I would definitely suggest these to anyone.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Mind you i'm no fashion guru...but i think these goggles would look cool with your setup
http://www.electricvisual.com/wp-content/uploads/products/goggles/spherical/EG0510007-BGDC.jpg
with your jacket at least
I saw those actually. The colors are good but im on the edge about the leaves/flowers lol

Maybe though

Im looking at the green phenoms right now. They are a little dark though Products | SmithOptics.com

Edit: The smiths seem a little narrow though. I really like the big bug eyed look of the anons and electric.

Any other good brands besides anon, spy, electric, smith, dragon?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
http://www.urbanstore1.com/images/EG0510008-BSRC.jpg picture this in lime green. i have the lime green version of these goggles and there amazing.
You mean these?

Do you think that would look good with the helmet and jacket?

Stretch your budget a little and you can get:

Vonzipper Feenom Synchro Royal Goggles 2010

I haven't personally tried these, but I do hear good things about the Feenoms on this very forum. Comes with matching Skullcandy Crusher headphones. Can't beat that deal!

By the way, I these goggles match your jacket really well.
Idk I think they are a little dark. Black tends to really stand out against all of the color on my jacket. I am not sure if they are spherical either. They kind of look like it but its hard to tell from that angle.

I think I am leaning heavily to electric right now - I like the look and the visibility they are supposed to give you. Are there any other brands with that same style (bug eyed visibility) besides anon...?

The Electric EG2s im looking at are here: EG2 – Corpo Camo | Electric Visual What color do you guys think looks best with the jacket/helmet? Anyone else like the lime? ^

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Careful with the EG2. They don't fit with a lot of helmets because they are simply too massive. You might want to look at EG2.5 especially if you have a smallish head. Still pretty massive, but more helmet compatible the the regular 2's.

If you are looking to spend that kind of dough, consider the Oakley splice as well. Peyote block is my favorite for your color scheme.

Oakley Splice Goggles 2011

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Careful with the EG2. They don't fit with a lot of helmets because they are simply too massive. You might want to look at EG2.5 especially if you have a smallish head. Still pretty massive, but more helmet compatible the the regular 2's.

If you are looking to spend that kind of dough, consider the Oakley splice as well. Peyote block is my favorite for your color scheme.

Oakley Splice Goggles 2011

Thanks for the heads up

Don't you think the yellow/red would stand out on that color?

I dont' want to spend 150 but there are usually some good prices on some websites to bring the price down. 100 and something is more reasonable.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Don't you think the yellow/red would stand out on that color?
That's the point for me. I like to have a little clash in my colors if I so choose to be fashionable lol.

I used to have an all black setup... Black board, bindings, jacket, pants, and facemask, but I had white boots. :p

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the point for me. I like to have a little clash in my colors if I so choose to be fashionable lol.

I used to have an all black setup... Black board, bindings, jacket, pants, and facemask, but I had white boots. :p
ooh

The oakley splice isn't as big and bug eyed as the electrics though right?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts