Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to improve my riding, but dont know where to begin and what is wrong with my riding. can you guys help me?
I attached two 15s video. can you give me some tip?? thank you!!

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Looks pretty good. A few things:

Use more of the re estate, you are kicking your back foot out at the very end. So let the board run on its radius.

On both toe and heel side turns...especially your heel side...sit/squat lower instead of bending at the waist, bend you knees...really sit lower.

To help with the sitting, Put you hands together like you are holding on to the buckle of your belt. Keep your hands there the whole run.

·
Super Moderator
6,087 Posts
Bend less at the waist, more at the knees. Think of doing squats with weights. You don't bow from the waist, you bend your knees while keeping your upper body as vertical as possible.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I want to improve my riding, but dont know where to begin and what is wrong with my riding. can you guys help me?
I attached two 15s video. can you give me some tip?? thank you!!
Well, you must 'know' that there's something about your riding that you don't like even if you don't know where to begin. What feels off about it to you? What aspect of it are you wanting to fix? There's a lot that people could suggest, but it might not address what's actually bugging you.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
First video looks better than the second. On the second your body looks stiff despite your knees being bent.

I think you've got it, but would benefit from some drills. Loosen up and try to turn as frequently as possible down the run. Like, switch edges faster than once per second. Keep your knees and legs loose enough that you can do that without moving your upper body much. You'll really feel the sidecut of the board that way, and if you're off-balance at all, you'll know it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts