Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just joined and wanted to say hey to all. I'm a beginner, haven't even started! But I can't wait to get started as I've wanted to snowboard for years. I had a beginner lesson as a kid and was hooked since but never had the chance to follow it up. I recently moved to Portsmouth in Hampshire, UK. So I'm trying to find any clubs and nearby slopes, so if anyone knows of any that aren't expensive and a mission to travel to as I don't have a car but a motorcycle, that'd be great.

Any tips and advice are all welcome as well. :) Either way, hi everyone, I'm looking forward to getting some new friends and board buddies!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
welcome to the forum. there's plenty of good info here so just do some lurking and use the search thread to find tips.

when you finally hit the slopes your first day, don't get discouraged if you spend most of the day on your ass. Stick with it, fight through any soreness on days 2 and 3, and by day 4 you'll be riding pretty well. If you stick with it, you'll be addicted.

Just ride and have fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I'm looking forward to all of that! :p

Thanks, I'll do my best. :D

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
realize the worst few days of snowboarding are generally the first few days. untill you get the initial hang of it your ass and knees are probably going to be really sore, but once start getting going you will most likely be hooked.

and yes i realize i teed that up for someone

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is true, just picked it up this past winter, and my first 2 days sucked, but it's all part of it... Just try not to do like some of my buddies did their 2nd day out and were crashing on blues and blacks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm probably gonna go to a dry slope centre, have a day lesson or something, then go out and buy as much gear as I can afford. Knowing me, I'll get hooked and go mad with it as I have done previous sports and hobbies.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should be alright, slight frustration at first, but you get past it... Just stick with it, by the time I hit day 4 or 5 this past winter I didn't want to leave and head home to the 'real world'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can imagine. It looks like one of those things you can get into and time passes and the day is over before you know it.

Thanks for the good words. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As I've just moved to where I am, I'm hoping it'll help me meet new friends. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts