Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Capita totally Fk'n awesome, burton ions, and burton cartels. I'm an all mountain kinda guy who loves high speed carves and of course those spiritual pow days. Some park here and there but that's not at the top of my list. Kickers more so than rails. But, some rails I guess. Again, all mountain. I also really like getting into those thin unforgiving trails in the wooded areas. I ride snowbird more than any other mountain. What do you think of this set up given my preferences as a rider?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well, see I'm definitely more a wakeboarder than a snowboarder. I'm not farmiliar with this whole boot fitting on the board or not thing. I wear 12-13 size boots on my wakeboard, is there a difference between the sizes in wake and snow boots or anything like that? I know a little more than the basics of snowboard technology, but what I lack is the knowledge one develops when they hit the slopes every weekend. Put it this way, I can look at the shape, and rocker of a snowboard and have a general idea of how she'll ride, sure. But when I see a wakeboard online, and I read about the construction, materials used/core, type of rocker, and flex, I can understand the boards personality much better than I could a snowboard. You know? That's why I posted this. I wouldn't settle on a setup unless the majority of people who are very farmiliar with snowboarding gave me the thumbs up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm so confused. how long have you been riding?

it seems like a great setup. if i had the extra dough i'd switch out the cartels for malavitas or genesises. if you're not an experienced rider though, that may be a hard boot to get used to since it's not very forgiving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been riding for about 9 years, maybe about a month's worth of riding each year. Will a size 12-13 boot fit a 155 TFA?

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you really have boots that big you will want a wide. I recomend going to a shop and try in the boots on first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts