Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all. I have my highbacks rotated so that they are parallel to my heel edge, however, with the way i have done it when i go to try and kick them down, they can only go so far. They get to where they are about 2 inches from the bottom of the binding, then start to come into contact with where the toe strap connects. When I see pictures of others highbacks kicked down, they look as if they cleanly lay on the bottom of the binding. Is there any way to fix this? I can post pictures if necessary.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I only ever realised about doing this when setting up my wife's bindings last week. They (K2 Cassette) had the same issue, if i adjusted the highback to match the heel edge it would barely fold down. Its a simple physics thing really. Angle the highbacks, and they will fold down on an angle and mess things up

But since this is the first i have known about it (hence all my other boards havent been adjusted, i assume it isnt all that important?

·
Registered
121 Posts
My two bindings that have highbacks adjusted parallel to board edge are also finicky when folded down and I just leave them up most of the time.

It's will always be this way because they are molded without stress when at 0 degrees to the bindings and forced flex and twisting once the angle is changed. This is one area that I wish they would come up with a better design.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
It's will always be this way because they are molded without stress when at 0 degrees to the bindings and forced flex and twisting once the angle is changed. This is one area that I wish they would come up with a better design.
Depending on the binding, it is not so much because of that but rather because the axis along which the highback rotates is now at a different angle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have raiden zeroes rotated. Just loosen up the screws a tad so it has some flex to come all the way down. If your binding angles are aggressive, there is some point where it won't be able to come all the way down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts