Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start of by saying "i hate this forum"!

The info on here is limitless, and every time i read something it opens my mind to different things. Anyways, i kind of started to make a plan for next season quiver which will consist of 3 board.

I already know i want the dark series in 162 but Instead of the (yet to be ridden) cheetah id like something different. there's only that much i can convince myself that its going to work, but deep down i know it wont. The more pow specific of the two should be soft and playful not stiff-er and hard charging.

SO Unity whale. 2013 in 160. Similar to the cheetah but rocketed nose for float and such. I dig it as well. 3rd board is a split but that would be mid winter and after i take my avy courses. I was thinking unity domino if i like the whale.

This isnt much of a thread to criticize shit, but more of a thing where i look back on it and remind myself its for the better.after i sell both boards right now and buy two new ones. Maddness.

Is unity a decent company? If i cant score a 2013 whale im not going to bother with the 2014 because they removed the swallow tail. Might go with something Japanese haha?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Actually, Unity didn't remove the swallow tail. Its still there for 2014. You saw the new model Unity is presenting. Unity is owned by Pete Wurster....beautifully crafted boards, that ride equally as well. Pete spent two years perfecting the Whale. All the best with trying to get a 2013 Whale. There may be one left. Email them.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, Unity didn't remove the swallow tail. Its still there for 2014. You saw the new model Unity is presenting. Unity is owned by Pete Wurster....beautifully crafted boards, that ride equally as well. Pete spent two years perfecting the Whale. All the best with trying to get a 2013 Whale. There may be one left. Email them.
In that case i might hold of to 2014 actually. I like the 2013 look. Big and loads of taper. 14' looks sick as well.

AND i know, i just smoked a blunt, re read this and face palmed. I way over think everything.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,441 Posts
we all do. thanks for the laugh
Haha, while reading the op I was puzzling some minutes and then seriously doubting my English knowledge? Don't have the slightest clue what he's talking about :WTF:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with difficulties understanding the content :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
2 things:
1- learn to spell macaroni, or enable spell check. How can any self respecting stoner not be able to spell one of the major food groups (mac and cheese)

2- don't buy the dark, you won't like it. The dark doesn't really fit your self described riding style. I ride the dark and love it, I'm just offering you my opinion based on my experience with it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 things:
1- learn to spell macaroni, or enable spell check. How can any self respecting stoner not be able to spell one of the major food groups (mac and cheese)

2- don't buy the dark, you won't like it. The dark doesn't really fit your self described riding style. I ride the dark and love it, I'm just offering you my opinion based on my experience with it.
Go on? I really liked billy goat so dark series makes sense. Plus i emailed libtech and they said the same thing.

And i dont like K&D (kraft dinner). Seems a favorite choice for uni students.

Haha random though, i always wanted to move to japan, but did some reading last weekend and it seems its rather really hard to get a job there. Since i want to travel somewhere where there's loads of snow next couple of year. Being born in Slovenian i can get the passport really quick, then book its for Austria and try to find something. Looks like i might be moving down there next year, eventually coming back here.

Also, if the 2014 whale has swallow tail ill get it if i cant catch the 2013 one. Id rather have the 2013 dark series because of c2btx, seriously love that profile.

Holy cray/ too much free time.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
IIRC next seasons darker will be c3 so more of a camber deck, it's also significantly stiffer than the BG, it's not a deck you can really relax on it will make you pay for taking it easy. It's prone to exaggerate small movements due to the org plates. Due to its stiffer and more aggressive design it rides poorly unless you are charging, I would equate this to being similar to what people are saying about the raptor at low speeds. My experience has been on the c2btx profile, so I am only assuming the c3 next season will further magnify these characteristics.

As an aside, one of the things that have really surprised me about the deck has been its topsheet durability. Given all the reports of easily damaged lib/gnu topsheets this was unexpected. Mine has about 75 days on it with no major damage.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IIRC next seasons darker will be c3 so more of a camber deck, it's also significantly stiffer than the BG, it's not a deck you can really relax on it will make you pay for taking it easy. It's prone to exaggerate small movements due to the org plates. Due to its stiffer and more aggressive design it rides poorly unless you are charging, I would equate this to being similar to what people are saying about the raptor at low speeds. My experience has been on the c2btx profile, so I am only assuming the c3 next season will further magnify these characteristics.

As an aside, one of the things that have really surprised me about the deck has been its topsheet durability. Given all the reports of easily damaged lib/gnu topsheets this was unexpected. Mine has about 75 days on it with no major damage.

Email from Mervin confirmed that Billy goat is the stiffest board they make.

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Email from Mervin confirmed that Billy goat is the stiffest board they make.
talking with them at the hill, they noted that the billy will be offered in a c2 and c3 version...c3 being more like a cambered and I'd imagine feel a bit stiffer or perhaps poppy than the c2 version. So if u do a c3, its getting pretty close to an old school cambered stiffy fr.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts