Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just landed my first 360 tonight and was able to get it on video. It was night time so it's a bit hard to see, but hopefully it's clear enough that you can let me know how it looks and maybe give me some tips for improving it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/8jDUUgCFKWc

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Hey guys,
I just landed my first 360 tonight and was able to get it on video. It was night time so it's a bit hard to see, but hopefully it's clear enough that you can let me know how it looks and maybe give me some tips for improving it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

First Snowboard 360 - YouTube
for what i can see it looks good for the first time. If i were you i would try to such up your knees. You kind of look like a ballerina.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey guys,

First Snowboard 360 - YouTube
Congrats!

To improve the 360, 2 things from what I could see:

1) Try to suck up those knees a little and try to calm your hands down on the landing, was a lot of arm swinging after landing.

2) You need to be landing blind on frontside 360s.

You should be landing looking uphill at the landing when you land to stop the rotation at 360. Don't turn your head downhill until you've already landed and are riding away clean.

Front 3s are a blind landing, similar to backside 180 landings.

As soon as you look downhill like you did in the video, you have to really fight to not over-rotate into a frontside 540. You managed to stop the rotation that time, but it's a lot easier to stop over rotation by landing blind, which forces your body to stop rotating at 360.

Can't comment on setup and entry technique though, was too dark to see.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments! Looking back at the video it looks like I started landing blind, but then at the last second I whipped my head around which in turn swung my arms, so those two things kind of go hand in hand. It's definitely something I'll have to iron out. At least I've got the feeling of facing back ground in the air down a little bit. To me I think that's the scariest part about learning 360s

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ya not bad! The biggest thing I saw was you body posistion as said already, get those knees up and slow your body down on the landing, less whipping around so you don't wash out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts