Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was my first season boarding. Was carving on the first day,and in the park on the 3rd time out. (I did other board sports before snowboarding). I currently have a k2 ray gun,157w,I got it this season. I will be buying a season pass in a few days,but I want the k2 WWW 155w.....I don't want to drain my savings right now. So could I pick up the WWW online for dirt cheap in the summer or do I need to get it now on the end of season sale? Hate to drop like 800$ on stuff I won't be able to use for 7 more months..... thanks in advance!

·
Registered
548 Posts
the last big sale is memorial day.

price usually goes back to retail after the 2nd week in august when the new stuff comes out.

just remember it is not a deal unless its over 50%.

You should be able to get a K2 WWW for under 200$ .

I got my in Jan for 180$. of course it was 2012 model but still a good deal. you have to search for these deals.

Most of the time you won't find them on google b/c you sometime have to add coupon codes to bring it down more. If you put in the time you will find it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the last big sale is memorial day.

price usually goes back to retail after the 2nd week in august when the new stuff comes out.

just remember it is not a deal unless its over 50%.

You should be able to get a K2 WWW for under 200$ .

I got my in Jan for 180$. of course it was 2012 model but still a good deal. you have to search for these deals.

Most of the time you won't find them on google b/c you sometime have to add coupon codes to bring it down more. If you put in the time you will find it.
thanks! I will be on the lookout for one now.
how do you like your www?

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
So this was my first season boarding. Was carving on the first day,and in the park on the 3rd time out. (I did other board sports before snowboarding).
No offence, but NOBODY "carves" on their first day. I don't want to rip you a new one, but turning and carving are two different things.

This is carving...

Now, back to your original question. At this time of year 50% off is good. And for any previous year models I wouldn't pay more than 50%.

The exception is a special/rare model, or something they're discontinuing. But the bread and butter snowboarding gear should have decent stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offence, but NOBODY "carves" on their first day. I don't want to rip you a new one, but turning and carving are two different things.

This is carving...

Now, back to your original question. At this time of year 50% off is good. And for any previous year models I wouldn't pay more than 50%.

The exception is a special/rare model, or something they're discontinuing. But the bread and butter snowboarding gear should have decent stock.
Okay I wasn't carving like that.... but I was turning on just my edges with out skidds.
thanks for the info,so if I want to get the 2012/2013 WWW 8n a month or so I should be able to find it for pretty cheap.
going to be learning tame dogs on Friday and Saturday,so I might be needing a new board for next season.......head many stories of boards breaking learning this trick Lol

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
You were turning without any skids on your first day? Not picking on you but that seems highly unlikely but whatevers.

I'm on the lookout for a Rome Artifact Rocker myself

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You were turning without any skids on your first day? Not picking on you but that seems highly unlikely but whatevers.

I'm on the lookout for a Rome Artifact Rocker myself
Sweet man.
yeah I have screwed around on a board before like sledding,so I was instantly cofterble on a snowboard. I had also snow skated for 2 years. (Looks like a skate deck with a small ski on the bottom.) I am also just naturally good at picking up sports. Lol
I kinda walked into getting crap on here, so feel free to call BS hahaha

·
Registered
548 Posts
The k2 is ok . I don't like flat bt the bindings. Anybody want a new k2 www154 for 175? Shipping extra.

I'm also too old to jib at 37 what was I thinking?

It's all the YouTube videos

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I already changed my mind on boards....I am now loking at the signal rocker light....decisions decisions...lol
the full rocker on it looks beautiful and playfull,more than the flat k2.
uhgg,why can buying a new board be an easy decision?:dizzy:
So now I will be on the look for the signal rocker light on the cheap:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts